TravelTalkOnline

Comic Relief - George Carlin - Immune System

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Comic Relief - George Carlin - Immune System - 03/15/2020 04:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo

Well,

This offers a different viewpoint on germs, epidemics and the immune system.

I like Carlin.

He does drop a few colorful F-bombs in 6 minutes if you are easily offended.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Comic Relief - George Carlin - Immune System - 03/15/2020 06:17 PM

Now that my wife and I are back home, can't believe what is is transpiring. It was Irma almost three years ago, then this pandemic appears. Hope everyone is safe and things work out when returning to the states or Canada, whenever that may be. But, at least St. Martin will still be standing when all this is finally over.

And, for those who like the humor of George Carlin and see comedy as the 'best medicine' I encourage everyone to some day visit the National Comedy Center and Museum in Jamestown, New York (which opened last year). Everyone will need to wind down and enjoy a good laugh after COVID-19 fades away some day and this would be just the right place to do it. No, I'm not connected to it in any way or hold stock in it, just recommending a fun place for those who really enjoy comedy. Jamestown is 70 miles south of Buffalo New York and 60 miles east of Erie, Pennsylvania. An entire section of this place is devoted to Carlin, and a great deal of Carlin memorabilia has been dedicated to this place from his daughter.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Comic Relief - George Carlin - Immune System - 03/16/2020 01:25 AM

Interesting I’ll check it out if in the Buffalo neighborhood. After this video played, so did many more. I had no idea he was a USAF bomber mechanic in the Strategic Air Command under Eisenhower days. He wanted out at the earliest to work on radio and comedy. I also wonder how he got the kids conductor job on PBS when he was already a well known potty mouth.

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline