Re: Jet Blue - 03/15/2020 08:40 PM

Who just canceled?

Wendell
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Jet Blue - 03/15/2020 08:40 PM

Title says Jet Blue.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Jet Blue - 03/15/2020 09:01 PM

Obviously it's not clear, as to whether Jet Blue cancelled, or the poster cancelled FROM JFK.. pl3, please clarify..
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Jet Blue - 03/15/2020 09:04 PM

From the way it sounded last night, Jet Blue cancelled flights out of SXM after Tuesday.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Jet Blue - 03/15/2020 09:42 PM

I have friends leaving SXM on Jet Blue... I will update their experience when they return to the U.S.A.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Jet Blue - 03/15/2020 10:31 PM

JetBlue (title)

Just canceled Wednesday flight to JFK

...and departures from SXM for the next two weeks
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 12:18 AM

My wife is in SXM now and was to take the JB flight to FLL next Saturday. Things did not look right to me because if I tried to book a flight in that day there were none. I waited 45 minutes to talk to a JB agent who confirmed that her flight was still on. Ten minutes after I hung up, the phone rang with a call from JB saying the flight was cancelled. Scrambling now!
Posted By: fathvn

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 04:11 AM

My Jet Blue flight from SXM - FLL on Tuesday was cancelled. I’m now confirmed on an unscheduled JB flight to FLL on Monday late afternoon.

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 10:24 AM

Was told by an agent at 3 AM (after an hour's wait) that as of now, the next JB flight shown is May 2nd! She tried to tell me that St. Maarten was not allowing any flights in or out. Said my wife received an email and had she acted on it, might have been able to get on the unscheduled flight(s). The email was from 7:09 last night.

While on hold, I was looking for other flights and was about to try Delta through SJU but now that may not even be an option. More to come
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 11:35 AM

My friends with three children (5) can not get a flight off the island. They had tickets on JetBlue. They are now booked on Liat to St. Kitts overnight and then fly to Antigua. From there back to N.Y.

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 12:29 PM

Has anyone been able to get a refund from JB credited to their charge card or does it have to go to the Travel Bank for use within 1 year?
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mikel
Has anyone been able to get a refund from JB credited to their charge card or does it have to go to the Travel Bank for use within 1 year?

It goes to your Travel Bank. If you upgraded to 'more space option' that extra money goes back to your credit card.
Posted By: pat

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 12:58 PM

sanfilip,

I’m not doubting your information but immediately after Irma we had our flight cancelled by JB. They told me then if I was cancelling because I questioned the wisdom of traveling at that time the scenario you described was accurate. However, if the airline could not fly and cancelled us we would get a full refund which is exactly what we received. Times may have changed since Irma and I hope so for all those involved.

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by pat
I’m not doubting your information but immediately after Irma we had our flight cancelled by JB. They told me then if I was cancelling because I questioned the wisdom of traveling, the scenario you described was accurate. However, if the airline could not fly and cancelled us we would get a full refund which is exactly what we received. Times may have changed since Irma and I hope so for all those involved.

Pat, When I canceled our JB flight last week, our ticket money was put in the travel bank, the extra space money was credited back to my card.
Posted By: pat

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 01:35 PM

Then your info is far more current than mine and I apologize for questioning it. This was post Irma and what we personally experienced then. I’m not sure if it was AA or JB that recently told me basically the same story.

I’m not doing anything with our scheduled trip in April - this eternal optimist is still hoping - but as of now the airlines have cancelled my flights so I guess I’ll see soon enough how they’re going to play it.

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 01:45 PM

OK, Sanfilip, YOU cancelled the flight, am I correct? If Jet Blue cancels the flight, then I think they are required to return cash to you. I personally would not accept an airline credit on any airline or cruise credit on any cruise line, right now.

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 02:04 PM

Carol, yes I canceled on 3/10.. Our trip was for 3-13, returning 3-27. At that time, there were no restrictions, but JB had waived all cancel fees. I will just use the credit for out November trip.

Re: Jet Blue - 03/16/2020 02:05 PM

OK
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline