TravelTalkOnline

How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time.

Posted By: sxmmartini

How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 04:01 PM

I bought a deck of cards. I had to look up on the internet the rules for 500 rummy. Found my monopoly and uno board games up in the attic. Of course most people will be on their ipad, lap tops or cellphones but I believe some will find that this is a great time to talk to their loved ones. Six feet away from each other but still connected.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 04:41 PM

Hard to play cards and Monopoly 6 feet apart. grin

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 04:55 PM

SxmScubaman: Staying six feet away from your wife may have been going on before Covid-19 but seriously families are not going to be able to follow these guidelines unless you all sleep in separate bedrooms!
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 05:22 PM

Around here the 6 foot guideline only applies to people you don't already live with.

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 05:31 PM

I must have missed that in the Whitehouse briefings. Thanks
Posted By: KenNDeb

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 06:29 PM

Played cards, napped, read, napped, ate, napped and in the mix, posted on several sites. Life is good. Have not been to the beach in 3 days so I am pretty much staying away from people. Finally got a flignt so leaving tomorrow with a plane load of people....yikes! Back home to reality.

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 06:44 PM

Luv PA... But the recent lowering of standards of who can be arrested is disturbing. If you steal but it is under $800. No problem. Sxm had looting after Hurricane Irma but some was to survive. This letting prisoners out of jail because of the flu is insane. Prisoner are safer in jail because they are quarantined! Back to the topic... Safe Travels!
Posted By: KenNDeb

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/19/2020 07:46 PM

We have a place upstate in the woods. Luv it. Then at home it's play cards, nnapaa, watch TV, nap, eat nap, etc. Only differences are TV and no beach. Hope everyone here stays safe.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/20/2020 03:04 PM

Cooking, cleaning, a little Netflix or YouTube. Enjoying the balcony and considering a swim.

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/20/2020 03:27 PM

Better hurry and get that swim in before Dutch side does the same as French side and bans all public/hotel pools and beaches except private residences.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/20/2020 05:22 PM

We are very private here, thanks very much.

Re: How are the wonderful people of SXM spending their time. - 03/20/2020 05:25 PM

That's good.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline