TravelTalkOnline

Last day in paradise.

Posted By: KenNDeb

Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 05:37 PM

After many hours online and on the phone trying to change our flight with United, we went to booking and found the flight tomorrow had seat availability so we booked two seats. Now we just have to contact them to cacel our March 26th flight. Driving around to say our good bye's, the roads are almost empty, the car rental lots full, Maho had half a dozen people and it looked like Daleos on Mullet was closed but there were some umbrellas out by Rosies and very few people for this time of day. It was strange driving by all the closed stores, shops and restaurants. I feel very sad for the people on SXM just starting to recover stronger from Irma and now this. And even so they can still manage a smile and a wave. Thats what keeps us coming back.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 05:47 PM

Glad you were able to get a flight out. Did you go to the airport? Not sure what you mean about 'went to booking'. Anyway, a very sad time for everyone..

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 06:17 PM

Thanks Carol. We had to book new tickets online with United because we could not get in contact with anyone at United including at the airport to change or cancel our original flight. So as of now we will be on our way home tomorrow. When we get home, I'll sort things out with United. Hope everyone planning on staying on Island stays safe.

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 06:29 PM

OK, it seems like booking online has been the best way to get it done. Safe travels.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 08:15 PM

Good luck.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 09:26 PM

We stayed at the B pool at SBR today. All morning we were the only ones there. Spooky. A few more in the afternoon. A very sad sight was seeing them remove all the supplies from the pool bar. We have noticned that they are removing all the chairs from units and then returning them later. Cleaning I presume?

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 11:49 PM

All checked in online, we gave just about all of our food that we had for the next week to a young lady that we met at Carrefours in Jordan Village. She has 4 kids so hopefully it helps her out with the reduced hours she is getting at Carrefours. Talked to Mala at H &L car rental and they are meeting us at the airport to pick up the car, great folks to deal with. Then homeward bound. Till next visit I wish all Island people well and hope the corona virus is over quick so they can get back to normalcy.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 11:51 PM

Safe travels.

Re: Last day in paradise. - 03/19/2020 11:53 PM

KenNDeb--Good on you, on giving to a deserving local person!!! We all here love the island and her people and wish them well!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline