TravelTalkOnline

Kicked of the beach

Posted By: srl520

Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:25 PM

Kicked off the beach, almost arrested. Not done yet.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:28 PM

All Hells going t break loose
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:28 PM

Calm down and take a deep breath. Are you a tourist? Do you speak French? What beach were you on?

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:32 PM

I am tourist. Sitting on the beach with my wife under a tree 100yrs from anyone insight practicing social distancing and the gendermanes walkup and tell me I have to leave the beach. I say Go F your self.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:35 PM

You don't get it. we are the only people around in 100 yrds. But I can run on the beach or walk on the beach or swim. REally. I sorry.No calming down here. As the gendernase leave, more people arrive, set up they place. Really.
im not done with this yet.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:37 PM

I have to assume you are on the French side. I wouldn't like it either, but you need to comply, or I assume they will arrest you. Are you online while you're still there?

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:38 PM

Go back home...
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
Go back home... Where ever that is...

He could get REALLY pizzed if he is forced to be there there for the next 7 weeks.....

I will agree that it makes zero sense to me that someone can't walk the beach....but it is what it is
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:51 PM

The fine for violating the lockdown order, which is what you did, has been increased to €375. If you got out of there without a fine then consider yourself lucky.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:54 PM

There are worse things in this world than getting told to leave a beach that you violated orders to be on in the first place.

Let. It. Go.

Stop starting numerous threads looking for Gendarme information. They were doing their job.

Have another drink and stop obsessing.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 07:56 PM

He isn't just walking the beach but sitting there which is prohibited. It's their country and their rules. Don't like it leave.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:04 PM

Your not in the US anymore. Now is an extreme situation. and yes you should have been fined.

Wendell

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:07 PM

If they were aware of the restriction of sitting on a beach but did it anyway that would be asking for trouble.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:07 PM

I'm not in SXM so not sure why you responded to me but you are correct that he should be fined if he doesn't comply.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:10 PM

When you can be arrested for sitting on a beach is when you are allowed to say WTF!

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:13 PM

Not if it has been ordered not to by official decree. That kind of attitude is what gives Americans a bad name in foreign countries.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:17 PM

Not wise choices you are making. Everything is different now and you have little choice but to follow THEIR orders.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:21 PM

A global pandemic is something that has changed the world and people that resist are going to be asking for trouble.
I am surprised that the French put up with the riots awhile ago but now are cracking down. So burning cars and blocking roads was accepted but sitting on a beach is now forbidden.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:26 PM

The French are doing what they think is best to contain the spread of the virus before it becomes an island issue with this world pandemic. I applaud them for taking these measures to protect the island population.
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:44 PM

https://summit.news/2020/03/19/mart...ey-leave-the-home/?utm_source=whatfinger

appears France is under martial law
Posted By: kim

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by srl520
Kicked off the beach, almost arrested. Not done yet.

Seriously. I’m thinking you need to get home whether it be US or Canada.

Level 4 Travel Advisory

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 08:53 PM

I think this actually went into effect yesterday, although the article is dated today.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 09:10 PM

Thanks kim. I figured it was coming.
Posted By: kim

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Thanks kim. I figured it was coming.

Yup. I’m sorry I’m going to say it. Based on these posts it makes me sick the entitled few that don’t give a crap as to what is going on in the world as long as they can do what they want. Then they get stranded and complain and beg the government to come get them. After this weekend will they even be allowed back in the country? Never mind the strain they could put on the island if sick there. I just don’t get the attitude! 😡
Posted By: bbeach

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 09:17 PM

Gendarmes just came in orient with loud speakers warning about travel restrictions and fines for unauthorized travel on french side,thats what it sounded like anyway , loud speakers hard to understand. You need that gov paper with you when traveling.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 09:20 PM

French are doing it right. clapping
Posted By: actionone

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 10:15 PM

Ive never found that telling any policeman anywhere to go "f " themselves as a good thing to do.
Posted By: pat

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/19/2020 10:33 PM

He who chooses to argue with the police, gendarmes, Soualiga patrol or marrechusse (sp?) deserve whatever happens to come their way. When you’re a guest in a foreign country it’s just not smart to buck their system regardless of who or how important you think you and/or your rights are. duh duh
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 12:24 AM

Agree.

The State Department on Thursday warned Americans not to travel internationally and advised citizens who are abroad to return to the United States or make preparations to remain in place indefinitely as nations restrict movement around the world to combat the novel coronavirus.
The agency raised its travel advisory for all international travel from 3 to 4, the most serious category, reflecting the difficulty hundreds of Americans are having returning to the United States as borders close and airlines cancel flights.

Special emphasis to expect to stay in place INDEFINITELY
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 01:15 AM

Just for a minute, just a minute, think a few hundreds or thousands people would think like you " let's go to the beach, what could be wrong with it"?
You would have a thousand people on that beach, and it would only take a few carriers of the Covid-19 to spread it to more people. I go to the USA, and I know I cannot even bring a sandwhich from abroad, IT IS THE LAW! I abide. If I don't like it I would leave the country, or not go there in the first place.
Posted By: liwarren

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 01:15 AM

Well said!! So much more respectful than what I was going to say to him!!! He may not have understood it though because as reported earlier--YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

Originally Posted by pat
He who chooses to argue with the police, gendarmes, Soualiga patrol or marrechusse (sp?) deserve whatever happens to come their way. When you’re a guest in a foreign country it’s just not smart to buck their system regardless of who or how important you think you and/or your rights are. duh duh
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 02:03 AM

I wonder if the Gendarmes carry Tasers? That would be a great video to show the folks at home "How I spent my vacation" or "Getting introduced to 50,000 volts on a closed Beach"

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 02:50 AM

The Prefét of Guadeloupe has issued an order banning swimming in the ocean, and in shared swimming pools. The order applies to Guadeloupe, St Martin, and St Barthelemy. No swimming on French-side beaches, and no swimming in hotel pools on the French side/

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 07:59 AM

Wow, lets straighten some things out here. I guess everyone has there own opinion. First of all, to those saying go home. I do have a flight scheduled out of here this weekend which is much sooner than I had planned. Oh, I made these arrangements on Monday. So I did not wait until the last minute. Number 2, I didn't tell him to G F yourself to his face. My mistake, I should not have wrote that here and met it to sound that way. When mentioned about the paper work/form I was to fill out it was in French. That didn't do me no good. As far as the possibility of 1000 people to go to he beach, I really don't think there are 1000 people left in OB area. That's where practicing social distance is being done correctly. I had to go to the grocery store yesterday and I was around more people and closer to others (yes 3 ft away) than when I was on the beach in my own uninfected space. How they are handling this doesn't make sense. If you were there, you would see what I mean. They are not starting at one end of the beach and clearing it to the other. They pick a section, tell people to move on. Its like they look down the beach further and see people, but they then turn around and walk back to there car. Others continue to walk the beach and then set up camp. Where is there some signage at the main entrance roads and parking lots that could easily be put up that say beach is closed. But I guess technically its not closed.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 09:17 AM

Glad you have a flight out.

Their country, their rules and they don't have to make sense to you, me or anyone else.

Good luck.
Posted By: Hdrdr911

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 11:22 AM

Wow, lets straighten some things out here. I guess everyone has there own opinion. First of all, to those saying go home. I do have a flight scheduled out of here this weekend which is much sooner than I had planned. Oh, I made these arrangements on Monday. So I did not wait until the last minute. Number 2, I didn't tell him to G F yourself to his face. My mistake, I should not have wrote that here and met it to sound that way. When mentioned about the paper work/form I was to fill out it was in French. That didn't do me no good. As far as the possibility of 1000 people to go to he beach, I really don't think there are 1000 people left in OB area. That's where practicing social distance is being done correctly. I had to go to the grocery store yesterday and I was around more people and closer to others (yes 3 ft away) than when I was on the beach in my own uninfected space. How they are handling this doesn't make sense. If you were there, you would see what I mean. They are not starting at one end of the beach and clearing it to the other. They pick a section, tell people to move on. Its like they look down the beach further and see people, but they then turn around and walk back to there car. Others continue to walk the beach and then set up camp. Where is there some signage at the main entrance roads and parking lots that could easily be put up that say beach is closed. But I guess technically its not closed.

None of what you say here makes any sense given the gravity of the situation. It's clear you don't grasp what is going on and substituting your emotions for the authorities judgment on the proper course of action here. Try being part of the solution rather than part of the problem. You defiantly need to get over yourself with the " they'll be sorry they screwed with me attitude". Stay safe get home as soon as you can.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 11:52 AM

When mentioned about the paper work/form I was to fill out it was in French. That didn't do me no good. .

French side form in English.

I hope this helps.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 11:53 AM

Glad to see you are making more sense today. Safe Travels!
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 11:54 AM

I hope you do not live in California, right now you would have a hard time to get to the beach in California too.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 02:53 PM

Not sure if you're going to like what your returning to. We have restrictions here too and are expecting more.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 03:17 PM

All I can add is follow the rules, everyone do what you are asked to do. If not, we are looking at months and months more of this. Spring breakers on beaches in mass,,probably just extended this pandemic. It is troubling times for sure. WE all have to do what we can. Stay safe all and try to be positive in these uncertain times.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 03:23 PM

Maybe you'll understand this order.
Access to beaches and collective pools is prohibited

By a prefectoral decree of March 19, 2020, the prefect of Guadeloupe decided to ban swimming in fresh and sea water in Guadeloupe, Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin.
Access to collective swimming pools (residences, hotels) and beaches is therefore closed; on the other hand access to private swimming pools remains authorized.
These measures are justified because, in spite of all the containment measures decreed, it has been observed that the number of people present on the beaches is very frequent.
In view of the health emergency and the need to prevent all types of behavior likely to increase or encourage the risk of contagion, it appeared imperative to reinforce containment measures.
For the health of all, one watchword: stay at home.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/20/2020 11:38 PM

Just saw this, it is funny to me how everyone has their opinions and input as to what is right or wrong as to someone’s actions or comments, during these trying and difficult times. It makes for great reading! Just as a foot note about the beach, we live in eastern North Carolina right next to north Topsail beach, about 1 min away from our toes in the sand. Today was simply gorgeous here, and I guess with everyone either laid off of work or just taking time off for the virus, there were literally thousands of people at the beach today! It looked like a holiday, it was crazy! Talk about social distancing, not here in eastern North Carolina so far. I’m sure this too will change, as other local beaches are now restricting access.

Everyone be safe AND sane, and let’s get through this together!
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Not sure if you're going to like what your returning to. We have restrictions here too and are expecting more.

SXMScubaman, not sure how far you are from Bellingham, but my Brother who is 76 lives in an elderly assisted living home in Bellingham. The home has all of the residents confined to their living quarters. No gatherings of any type, and the day room, exercise room, etc are all closed. He has been closed in for over a week, and he is going stir crazy. I keep talking to him to remain calm, and find something to keep himself busy, but by all means stay isolated as the manager requested. So far so good !!

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 02:31 AM

I'm about 30 minutes south of Seattle. Our governor is dragging his feet in declaring a total shutdown except for essential services which needs to be done. And to think he ran for president this year. Hope your brother does ok. I'll be 73 this May and I'm pretty much hunkered in.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 02:37 PM

Extraordinary measures for extraordinary times. Just accept it.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 02:40 PM

As of yesterday, French-side beaches are officially closed. No walking, no sitting, no swimming.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 02:48 PM

That should take the question of what you could get away with out of the equation.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 02:54 PM

I am speechless... sad

Attached picture image.jpeg

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 03:01 PM

French rules expanded.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/waiver-documents-to-move-on-french-side-now-revised

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 03:03 PM

Unless that is you I'm sure that person doesn't appreciate the comment or picture being posted. Tasteless post.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 03:06 PM

It is me...

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 03:31 PM

They make rules. People decide that the rules don't apply to them. The rules get tightened. Rinse and repeat.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 03:37 PM

Very tasteful post then.

Re: Kicked of the beach - 03/21/2020 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
It is me...

Then I stand corrected.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline