TravelTalkOnline

Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM?

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 03:30 PM

Per Johns Hopkins,

Guadeloupe has 58 cases and Martinique has 44 cases, are flights still operating back and forth between Grand Case and/or PJIA?

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 03:44 PM

It has been posted numerous times that there are NO incoming passengers from ANYWHERE, as of now, even if they are local residents.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 03:45 PM

I read that grand case airport was closed. No flights in or out. St Barths airport too.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 04:00 PM

Sorry, I didn’t see it on any post, I don’t read them all but I do read many.

Last I saw was US and Europe was suspended and inter Caribbean still open. Guess I missed the total inter-French island shutdown. Is the st Bart’s ferry suspended?

I’ll get I
All my dumb questions done at once. Sorry.

BTW, United from Newark lands at 130pm and a Canadian Challenger biz jet enroute to get somebody.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 04:03 PM

There are flights coming to Dutch side for a few more days, but only for leaving the island. No one comes in, Dutch or French side.

Ferry's have not fun for several days.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 04:23 PM

The ferries are not running. Both Great Bay and Voyager have suspended service.

There are very limited exemptions to air travel, all of which require documentation and authorization. They've been posted for days in French, but this is the first time that I've seen them in English. Per The Daily Herald the exemptions are "an urgent personal or family reason; an urgent health reason; or a business reason that cannot be postponed" The same applies to flights between Guadeloupe, Martinique, and mainland France.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islan...-to-and-from-st-martin-and-st-barthelemy

There is a specially authorized boat run from St Barth to St Martin today, and only with a small group of passengers who meet the above requirements, in order for them to connect to flights. No passengers will be brought to St Barth.

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 04:57 PM

Here is the link.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islan...-to-and-from-st-martin-and-st-barthelemy
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 05:02 PM

Scubaman--same link already posted just above your post by Bahston.

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 05:04 PM

Sorry. I didn't see the link in the body of his post but now do.
Posted By: pat

Re: Guadalupe (58) Martinique (44) cases, Are there flights to SXM? - 03/23/2020 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Sorry. I didn't see the link in the body of his post but now do.

Scuba,

Do you realize you are able to go back into an errant post and delete it under the edit option?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline