TravelTalkOnline

Sonesta Maho closed

Posted By: George1234

Sonesta Maho closed - 03/27/2020 05:06 PM

Trip adviser is noting that Sonesta Maho is closed until June 2 2020.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/27/2020 05:15 PM

As I posted on another thread Divi and Belair temporarily closed also and I expect more to do so with no tourist allowed back on island.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/27/2020 05:36 PM

Wow, that is probably a precursor of how long they expect it will be, before they allow flights back in. Probably makes sense though.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/27/2020 05:58 PM

With no one staying there no need to stay open. Hope it doesn't last long but I'm thinking they won't open till flights are allowed back in and the first AA flight is May 6th. And that can change.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/27/2020 06:39 PM

French side:

Le Pélican Saint-Martin
2 hrs ·
Today all hotels have closed their doors with the exception of the Hotel Tribute, which remains able to welcome the "affected travelers" if needed.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/27/2020 07:03 PM

https://www.sonesta.com/sx/maho-bay...Np5QtgvjRJF-ipJAmcjRjje1WvHkzANZ6JfDWeK0
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/28/2020 12:05 PM

Simpson Bay Resort, in an email received Thursday, stated that they are open and intend to remain so.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/28/2020 12:13 PM

Somewhat surprising. Do you know, do they have any whole owners that live there all year? Royal Palm had a few and I would imagine some other timeshares might have as well.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/28/2020 04:17 PM

Who knows, they have some other reasons also to staying closed Might be good news for the other hotels that will be willing and able to open sooner. I am sure a lot of people like us are anxious to go back when wise. Of course people will have their opinions on that too!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/29/2020 10:23 AM

This may not sound good. But it could be a good thing to close them until this outbreak is under control. This way there would be no reason to think, they are not sanitized.
Posted By: bonsie

Re: Sonesta Maho closed - 03/29/2020 12:09 PM

Nancy and I are due to fly in on May 9 on JB. waiting to see what the government will do concerning the ban on arrivals from JFK. Also will depend on what my doctors say because I do have heart issues and breathing issues. It sure is frustrating seeing the beautiful Maho beach on the webcam. Our timeshare at OBBR is closed and after reading the Sonesta Maho is shut down till June 2 it kinda gives me a good idea that we won't be flying in on May 9. Anyway, we are in our home and safe in Connecticut where we are not supposed to hit the peak for 2-3 weeks yet. Thanks to Traveltalk board for letting me vent. Good luck and be safe to all.

Bob & Nancy
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline