TravelTalkOnline

Active Hurricane season forecast

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 05:23 PM

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/active-to-very-active-hurricane-season-expected
Posted By: pat

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 06:35 PM

Not a criticism, Scuba, but do you or does anyone have any good news to report? I'm getting so tired of all the doom and gloom that we are surrounded with. I've turned off the tv and radio and am avoiding all social media (except TTOL) because I want to live in my little bubble and think happy thoughts.

There's a song from the old musical, South Pacific, that comes to mind. "Happy Talk" and that's what I want to both speak and hear for a while.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 06:39 PM

Today's good news is that the S&P is up around 5 1/2%.
Posted By: sumbeach

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 06:56 PM

Now that's something the Caribbean REALLY needs. Earthquakes, CV, now a bunch of hurricanes???
Pat, tidbit of good news. With hair and nail places closed, some of us are saving more money for our next trip to our island LOL.
Posted By: biglar

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 07:03 PM

Pat, Just think about Barbara's bird "Anna" and all will be well again. She always makes us smile whenever we think about her!
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 07:11 PM

Yeah, someone just told me look at all the money i saved getting my trip refunds, but told them i have invested it all it toilet paper inventory! grin
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 08:26 PM

Other good news centers around a Covid-19 micro-needle patch vaccine that looks super promising from the University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center. The unfortunate side of this, however, is that it will take many months to reach the public when in fact the world needs this now. It will have to pass three clinical trials, then gain FDA approval, and then be mass produced to the public. Hopefully, this won't get bogged down in bureaucratic red tape like the COVID-19 test kits did back in January. So, instead of reading or watching all the negative stuff that revolves around this virus, I try to search out new data on vaccines and possible anti-viral medicines that can be used before the vaccine arrives. This helps me stay positive as best as possible during times like these.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 08:53 PM

Not every country has the same venting process for new drugs.

Wendell
Posted By: bonsie

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 08:54 PM

All he did was give a link to the Daily Herald......blame the paper
Posted By: kim

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by biglar
Pat, Just think about Barbara's bird "Anna" and all will be well again. She always makes us smile whenever we think about her!

Anna is the bomb!!! I played with her May of 2018! Coolest bird ever. Though Dee may not agree!!!! 😂

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 10:14 PM

bonsie,

I’m not BLAMING anyone - just saying we need more good news to set our sights on. I’ve actually had people call me purely for the sole purpose of belly-aching about the situation we are ALL finding ourselves in and acting as if they’re the only ones being inconvenienced. The world is going through a terrible time and we have to keep the faith. This, too, will pass and we ALL need to do our part to make it work.

And for those who have had the pleasure (?) of meeting her, Anna is a hoot even if she isn’t an owl and I’m wondering why she and Diedrich can’t get along since they’re both very funny and each with personalities you have to love.

Happy thoughts, people, happy thoughts! Keep ‘em coming, please.
Posted By: bonsie

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 11:38 PM

Pat,
Thank you for your follow up. When i first read your post, saw it as a knock on the poster. I'm glad you replied to me.
Bob

Re: Active Hurricane season forecast - 04/06/2020 11:53 PM

Bob,

YW! smile smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline