TravelTalkOnline

Covid-19 vs Motorcycle Deaths in SXM?

Posted By: freedomfighter

Covid-19 vs Motorcycle Deaths in SXM? - 04/11/2020 01:44 AM

Would love to see the stats! Maybe the island would be better served by a curfew on riding motorcycles.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid-19 vs Motorcycle Deaths in SXM? - 04/11/2020 02:17 AM

Nothing wrong with motorcycles as long as they abide with traffic laws and respect the curfew.
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: Covid-19 vs Motorcycle Deaths in SXM? - 04/11/2020 03:05 AM

I agree, but we all know that many of them do not abide with traffic laws, and many of them pay the ultimate price.
Nobody seems outraged by THAT waste of human life.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Covid-19 vs Motorcycle Deaths in SXM? - 04/11/2020 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by freedomfighter
I agree, but we all know that many of them do not abide with traffic laws, and many of them pay the ultimate price.

I doubt many (if any) see any joy in the non-law obeying cycle/scooter riders paying the ultimate price but when they live by the adage of "you can't fix stupid", sometimes bad things happen. This is coming from a former motorcycle rider of 45+ years and one who has personally witnessed one on SXM going "splat" due to their antics. I can assure you, many who have encountered some of the wild riding style in SXM are outraged by it but they have no control over the outcome when those who choose to ride like this do so.

The problem with the curfew of cycles, would be enforcing it as it is pretty much proven, it would likely not be followed voluntarily.

Not really sure what your point is with this.
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: Covid-19 vs Motorcycle Deaths in SXM? - 04/11/2020 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by freedomfighter

Darwinism at work.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Covid-19 vs Motorcycle Deaths in SXM? - 04/11/2020 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Nothing wrong with motorcycles as long as they abide with traffic laws and respect the curfew.

Thank you, Scubaman.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline