TravelTalkOnline

Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 09:23 AM

DAILY HERALD LINK
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 11:53 AM

LOVE O PLONGEOIR! One of my favorite restaurants for a great casual meal! One of the last places I dined before they started shutting down the island! Let’s hope they can begin opening the island safely and bring some normality back to St Martin!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 12:33 PM

What is the 'partial activity scheme' that is referred to in that article? So far, it seems the French side has a better handle on this situation, possibly since they closed down earlier?

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 01:11 PM

I wondered about that term as well. I am wondering if it is some type of government assistance to impacted businesses as long as they are under "partial activity". Just a guess on my part.

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 01:27 PM

OK
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 01:34 PM

The Partial Activity Scheme is a French Program that allows the state and French unemployment agency to refund in most cases fully the sums paid by an employer to its employees. Restaurants, cafes and shops are eligible if they have decreased their employees hours or have shut down all together due to Corona-19.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 01:35 PM

There was a meeting on Thursday with President Gibbs from St Martin, President Magras from St Barth, Prefét Feucher, President Macron of France, officials from other French overseas territories, and other French officials. As a result of those meetings, some lockdowns will be lifted.

St Barth has been more forthcoming with information from that meeting than St Martin. The lockdown on St Barth will be lifted on May 11, including the restaurants. The airport will remain closed, so no outsiders can come in. Just like St Martin, details on what that means for restaurants have not yet been spelled out, but will be before May 11.

The "partial activity scheme" may be "chômage partiel", or partial unemployment. Read below to find more than you ever want to know about chômage partiel.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200430/chomage-partiel-how-to-access-temporary-unemployment-in-france

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 01:45 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 01:46 PM

Just curious. Where, exactly is this restaurant?

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 01:49 PM

Along the waterfront in Marigot at Marina Ft. Louis. Just past the ferry terminal as you are heading away from Marigot along the waterfront.

Google the restaurant and a map should come up.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/02/2020 03:51 PM

That place used to have the best Steak Tartar that I've ever had - and I've been to several restaurants and tried their version in Paris, Nice, Cannes and Antibes.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/03/2020 03:51 PM

And they have great french fries, Carol. I know how you love FF on SXM. Most of their food plates come with them.

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/03/2020 04:03 PM

Sounds GREAT! Wish I could be there having some of those French fries today!
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Some French Side Restaurants MAY be Able to Reopen - 05/03/2020 06:13 PM

Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline