TravelTalkOnline

French side new openings

Posted By: BillandElaine

French side new openings - 05/15/2020 06:07 PM

https://www.facebook.com/LePelicanj...463/3208484875837593/?type=3&theater

Le Pélican Saint-Martin
· 59 mins ·

Restaurant opening this Monday
Last minute. La prefect du Nord Islands Sylvie Feucher announced this morning that restaurants will be able to open their doors from this Monday, May 18, until 23 pm. The services of the Regional Agency of Health and the prefecture have been designed to advise restaurants on the health measures to be adopted. The bars will remain closed, the prefect said. On Monday, individual and commercial water activities, non-motor, with the exception of accompanying boats for sailing clubs, will also be allowed
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: French side new openings - 05/15/2020 06:27 PM

Glad the restaurants are re-opening, but I wonder what the definition of a 'bar' is. I guess someplace that doesn't serve food? I'm trying to think of someplace I know of that serves drinks and no food, and can't come up with any.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: French side new openings - 05/15/2020 07:35 PM

I don’t know about the island, but here it usually what percentage of sales is food.
Posted By: pony600

Re: French side new openings - 05/16/2020 05:45 PM

Glad the restaurants are opening, but wonder how good their business will be without the tourist trade. When we were there in October, their business was very slim in Grand Case.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: French side new openings - 05/17/2020 01:43 PM

I wonder if they mean you can sit at a table but not at the bar?
Posted By: jeepers

Re: French side new openings - 05/17/2020 07:31 PM

I think Juggies in Philipsburg doesnt serve food. Cute place.
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: French side new openings - 05/17/2020 08:14 PM

Thanks again to Elaine for sharing news as it happens....really appreciate being able to keep up with the status on the island. As a long time visitor, I really care about the residents and the many people who've made our trips there such wonderful experiences,
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: French side new openings - 05/17/2020 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by jeepers
I think Juggies in Philipsburg doesnt serve food. Cute place.

Correct, but the post is about French side openings and Juggie's is on the Dutch side.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline