TravelTalkOnline

Kudos to JetBlue

Posted By: CanR

Kudos to JetBlue - 05/27/2020 10:27 AM

Just received an email from JB saying they will refund my canceled April trip to my CC. Wasn't sure as I purchased through Travelocity who said I would get a travel voucher.
Posted By: pat

Re: Kudos to JetBlue - 05/27/2020 11:23 AM

I don’t know for certain how the secondary markets for ticket purchases works (Travelocity etal) but I do know from personal experience JB refused to refund my purchase price for April flights they cancelled. Having been pretty sure of the law in these situations, I politely argued with them, not really wanting a travel voucher, and after the third or fourth phone call and prolonged waits on hold, along with discussions with Supervisors, they finally agreed to refund my money but only after I cited chapter and verse of the DOT rules regarding refunds. About a month after all this transpired there was a news blurb from Elaine Chou (sp?) saying the like kind refunds were mandatory when the airline made the cancellations,

And another thought - I’ve been watching a specific November one way lowest fare flight since the dates were listed on their site and so far it’s gone up in price $35.00 or 3100 JB points with only four seats sold. Price clearly not dictated by theory of supply and demand.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Kudos to JetBlue - 05/27/2020 01:20 PM

Jet Blue was great with us! All points returned credit card monies returned a voucher for some aspect. Turned around and booked for November. We used the points and vouchers. We are right back to where we were before cancellation.
It was funny though because yesterday I received notice on my phone that my flight from St. Martin arrived on time in Fort Lauderdale!
That should help on time performance.
I can’t imagine what a logistical nightmare this must be for all airlines.
Hoping November works.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Kudos to JetBlue - 05/27/2020 01:54 PM

CanR--Can't say I'm tremendously impressed that Jet Blue, at the end of MAY, emails you they will give you a refund for a flight in APRIL. And, as Pat said, JB was one of the worst about giving refunds, until they were specifically ordered to give people refunds on cancelled flights. That is another reason though to book directly with the airline, so you don't have another entity between you and the airline, if something goes wrong.

Re: Kudos to JetBlue - 05/28/2020 12:38 PM

I started with Travelocity after receiving an email from them stating I would be receiving a travel voucher. After spending the better part of one day on the phone which included being on hold forever and then dropped calls (2) I gave up. I then sent an email to JetBlue requesting a refund. They emailed me immediately stating I would receive an answer in 7-10 days. I did receive the email within 10 days stating they are refunding the money. So again, kudos to JetBlue.
Posted By: pat

Re: Kudos to JetBlue - 05/28/2020 01:52 PM

Glad it worked out for you in the end. And for what it’s worth, many of us use Travelocity and other such sites as a tool for locating flights and best routes and pricing but find it more advantageous in the long run to book directly through the airlines’ websites. If nothing else you end up not having to deal with the separate entities if a cancellation arises. 😊😊

Re: Kudos to JetBlue - 05/28/2020 07:04 PM

That’s exactly what I usually do but when I found RT FLL to SXM for $720 for 3 tickets ($240.00 each) I pulled the trigger before putting my mind in gear
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline