TravelTalkOnline

Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back

Posted By: sxmmartini

Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/30/2020 10:54 PM

Why is Cedrick setting up chairs and umbrellas so close? The beach is wide and there is plenty of room for social distancing.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 12:52 PM

I assume that eventually the gendarmes will get down to enforcement of the rules..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
Why is Cedrick setting up chairs and umbrellas so close? The beach is wide and there is plenty of room for social distancing.

More chairs more money.
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 04:07 PM

If it were me and I felt that the chairs were too close, I'd ask him to move them a little or just go somewhere else.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 04:19 PM

Sammy--if you want to be nude, Club O is about the only game in town...
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 04:19 PM

Do you have a current picture you can point to that leads to this accusation?

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 04:52 PM

She is not on island so I doubt if it is first hand info.

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 05:12 PM

Jeff Berger's facebook page has a pic of the chairs and umbrellas set up on the shoreline...

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 05:47 PM

It doesn't show up when I go to his Facebook page. Could you post the link to that picture as we belong to that group?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 06:28 PM

Sooooo there are that many people going to Orient that the chairs have to be put close together to accommodate the crowds? Really?Where are they coming from? I think a pic is needed to confirm this..and a recent one
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 09:07 PM

Don't forget that the recommended Social Distancing Distance in France is only 1 metre, 39 inches, I would imagine St. Martin follows the French Guidelines
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 09:12 PM

....and again, are the crowds on the beach necessitating this 3 foot separation
Posted By: Rumlover

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 11:02 PM

Cedric posted a picture on the Club O Beach by Cedric Facebook page dated May 29. I don't know if that is the picture sxmmartini is referencing. I'm not good a judging distances, but it looks to me that they are not too close together, at least compared to "normal" times. https://www.facebook.com/clubobeach/?__tn__=-UK-R
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 05/31/2020 11:09 PM

Depending on the angle, the lens and many other things, pictures can be very deceiving.

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/01/2020 01:13 AM

The picture I saw posted on Cedric Facebook page showed sets of two with ample and I mean ample distance apart. Not sure what your referring to.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/01/2020 02:39 AM

This is the link for the May 29 photo.

Club O - Socially Distanced

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/01/2020 10:10 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2116367&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Here is the link to Jeef Berger's Group Facebook Page. I believe you will have to join the group to have access. It is a different angle from the posed photo on Cedrick's Club O Beach facebook page.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/01/2020 10:22 AM

Their chairs have always been too close together. If you're in the second row you have to fight umbrellas to get to the beach.

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/01/2020 02:51 PM

That is the one i was referring to.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/01/2020 04:25 PM

Can't tell anything about spacing from this angle. Looks like only about five umbrellas, so hard to describe this as "crowded".
Posted By: pat

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/01/2020 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Their chairs have always been too close together. If you're in the second row you have to fight umbrellas to get to the beach.

Can’t speak for this spot specifically but I think this has become almost the norm in too many places where chairs are rented. Last year we went to Mullet for lunch and because we got there so late we rented chairs in the second row. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get through the row of chairs and umbrellas in the first row to get to the water without having to apologize to the people sitting under their umbrellas. So much so we stayed for less than an hour after lunch and left.

A few places where we have always experienced ‘our own space’ include Anse Marcel, Friars Bay Beach and El Zafiro, the latter as long as it isn’t a cruise ship day. I’m sure there are others, too, but these three have so far never disappointed.

Posted By: CJIMI

Re: Club O beach chairs & umbrellas are back - 06/08/2020 01:56 AM

Can't wait to return. Hoping that we can go for a few days over Thanksgiving if 1) I can get a flight, and 2) if I can get my wife on to an airplane.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline