TravelTalkOnline

AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July

Posted By: Bahston

AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 10:53 AM

PJIA posted the following information on FB. There are no details on who can travel, but the post does say that the flights will arrive EMPTY.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 11:56 AM

Repatriation is defined as the return of someone to their own country. And what has happened already with some flights here.

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 12:10 PM

Yes, inbound empty, outbound with passengers who wish to be repatriated.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 01:21 PM

Surprised there is even that much need for these flights now, as I would have thought most everyone who wanted to return to Holland or France would have done so already..

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 03:35 PM

SXM may not be the only stop on the flights. For example, the routing for KLM789 tomorrow is AMS-SXM-CUR-AMS.

There may be passengers being repatriated to Curaçao on the inbound flight. I don’t think that SXM is accepting repatriated passengers at the moment, but I may be wrong about that.

https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/local/klm-to-repatriate-residents-to-curacao-on-june-6/

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 04:42 PM

It is typical that KLM flies here to Curacao before the return to Holland. In this instance will pick up more expats to take home. The plane will arrive here empty as posted above and no one will be allowed to disembark in Curacao..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 05:16 PM

I read that the reason they do that is to refuel and take on passengers as they don't want to have full tanks taking off in SXM to clear the mountain. At least that is when they were flying 747's.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Surprised there is even that much need for these flights now, as I would have thought most everyone who wanted to return to Holland or France would have done so already..

Perhaps some of these are people who always leave the island for low/hurricane season?

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 07:51 PM

They filled a plane load of US folks yesterday. Most of our winter folks are usually gone by this time. Every US expat plane that has come here we lost more and more neighbors. And it's hurricane season.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/04/2020 09:52 PM

OK
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/06/2020 03:19 PM

Lucky Air France crews get an overnight in Paradise. Work, work, work, for the KLM crew. Maybe the plane isnt going nonstop to schiphol, maybe it is sleeping in Hato.

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/06/2020 03:23 PM

With a plane full of passengers?
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/06/2020 04:00 PM

Well then, work,work, work for KLM. ✈️✈️✈️😀😂😊😉😇🤣🦜✈️

They definitely have to bring some extra crew then if heading straight back to Amsterdam.

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/10/2020 04:52 PM

AF 498 should be landing at SXM shortly. According to the flight schedule, it is expected to overnight in SXM, continue to SDQ (Santo Domingo) tomorrow afternoon as AF 499, and return to Paris tomorrow night.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: AF and KLM Repatriation Flights for June and July - 06/18/2020 01:37 AM

4 of our friends from France that stay where we stay will be flying home July 6th. Its not on that schedule here though. I wonder if they have the date right?
They felt safer there than going earlier. One couple is in their eighties the other mid sixties but the mid sixties couple both of their children & spouses live in st Martin now & 1 granddaughter. Their daughter is a nurse at a school & one son in law is fireman. They will return to st Martin in January as will we all being well.
Lovely people. Hope they can be safe upon returning to France.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline