TravelTalkOnline

SBBR Marina Pool Area

Posted By: mgh

SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 01:35 PM

I was looking at the video cam at the SBBR Marina pool and they've installed some contraption (on the right side as you're looking at it on your screen) and for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is. Just curious. Anyone with any insight please share.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 01:58 PM

Here

is a link to the various webcams. Which one are you referring to?

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 02:09 PM

It's the cams at the pool. There's some "silver/gray" tower on the right side of the pool. We were there in Feb/Mar and it wasn't there. Again, no big deal just curious as to what it is.

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 02:13 PM

OK, the first two then. I'm not that familiar with the area, but if you look at the picture, it ALMOST looks like to me that there is a similar tower opposite it and they are going to put up another one to match it?

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 02:15 PM

hopefully someone can chime in as to what they're doing over there.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 02:18 PM

Looks like a trash bin.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 02:20 PM

I think it is an exhaust fan from the restaurant below.
Scott

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 02:31 PM

Odd place to have that. Those fried food smells on the pool area. Yuk.
Posted By: WLE

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 05:47 PM

Maybe a couple of high dive platforms for the pool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/03/2020 05:49 PM

There are two tall towers that are similar in construction and, unfortunately, I kinda agree with the exhaust fan possibility...but....no clue why there would be two decent sized fans needed.
Posted By: sam000

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 04:42 AM

post deleted

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 11:34 AM

I don't understand the above post.....
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 12:14 PM

Yep, unfortunately Scott got it right. They are Industrial kitchen exhaust fans. If you blow them up, you can see the huge blower motor, and the white conduit line for the electrical lines. From the looks of the other one on the left, it appears that they are housing the actual exhaust in a metal mesh housing to disguise them as part of a larger structure. It is strange they would install these by the pool. But as the say, the path of least resistance is a straight line. Just my 2 cents, but the are in-fact commercial exhaust fans.

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 12:22 PM

I now think it's just one fan (which makes more sense) and the other structure is just for aesthetic balance.....
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 12:37 PM

I think your right about aesthetics. If you look forward in the live picture just beyond the yellow wall towards the water, and to the right of the small building, you will see yet another larger industrial exhaust fan sitting to the left of the two A/C units. Notice the cone like dome on top. Not a place I would particularly want to be sitting with both exhaust fans are running at the same time. They must have added something in the kitchen, just guessing.
Posted By: SandS

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 12:52 PM

When we were there in February they said they were going to open a new steak restaurant right below.

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 12:57 PM

It's a shame about a big fan by the pool, but I'm always up for another steak restaurant!

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 01:18 PM

That post was spam.

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 07:21 PM

TY re: spam post

...and I would think most steak restaurants will be keyed to operate during dinner hours which should be after MOST, not all, have left the pool area.....maybe

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 08:30 PM

Unless they plan on doing a bang up lunch menu too. I can taste those burgers now.

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 08:53 PM

Maybe the cooking beef smell will draw patrons downstairs.....I can think of worse smells...

Re: SBBR Marina Pool Area - 07/04/2020 09:10 PM

boucharda--good point
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline