TravelTalkOnline

Atrium sold???

Posted By: DannynGinger

Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 03:43 AM

Heard from someone on the island that The Atrium has been sold.
Anyone know anything?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 04:25 AM

News to me. Was sold many years ago if that is what is being referred to.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 12:51 PM

According to this thread

it is now managed by La Tour Resorts, which is perhaps what you friend was referring to.

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 04:25 PM

Yes, we knew that. Have owned there for 26 years so know all the ins and outs of the ownership.
Another owner that has been there as long as us said she was talking to a friend on island and she is the one that said that was what the talk was that was going around.
Guess maybe someday it will open up or someone at Festiva /La Tour will answer questions.
Frustrating.

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 04:36 PM

Sounds like a long chain of possibilities. Call the company and get a direct answer.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 04:44 PM

Scubaman--only you would tell someone to call a timeshare company and expect to get a truthful answer!! laugh
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 05:31 PM

Haven't heard nothing about this.

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 06:27 PM

Didn't think it would be, but you never know.
La Tour either never answers the phone or they only tell you to call the Atrium, who also won't answer.
Time will tell........😬

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 07:19 PM

Last I heard Atrium isn't slated to reopen till Fall.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/12/2020 09:06 PM

I thought everyone at the Atrium was fired a few months ago, that is probably why they aren't answering the phone
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/20/2020 09:37 PM

I was talking to the managementment company La Tour and they expect the property to be open for the high season. They closed to save money during this time of Covid 19 and will be hiring back their staff at that time. The resort has not been sold but things could change if the island does not recover. I called and left a message and they returned my call promptly.

Buccaneer Beach Bar on the adjacent property has closed and is for sale. Perhaps the rumours were getting confused regarding the sale of the Atrium Resort because of the close proximity.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/20/2020 10:24 PM

Yes Buccaneer is for sale and the Son posted this on FaceBook. It's just the price but they have owned that way back . They are from South Africa .
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/21/2020 10:15 PM

Did I also Read that Buccaneer is closed and for sale??? 😩

Re: Atrium sold??? - 07/21/2020 10:32 PM

Yes.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline