TravelTalkOnline

Just booked Feb 2021

Posted By: RonDon

Just booked Feb 2021 - 07/19/2020 09:20 PM

Just booked Feb 28 to March 14 2021. Now fingers are crossed.

Booked JB from BOS to SXM direct non stop and noticed many changes. Used to be 3 tier pricing now 4 tiers. Extra charge to choose seats unless one chose the tier with seat selection included. Basic fare now also reads"boards last" , highest tier reads "advanced boarding." And all tiers seem to have a checked bag charge unless you pay with a JetBlue World Elite Card.

It was all very confusing. I took the fare refund insurance because who knows what Feb. will bring, both here in USA and in SXM.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Just booked Feb 2021 - 07/19/2020 09:44 PM

Blue Basic was introduced in November, but I feel like the rest of that has been normal on JetBlue for a while. The only reason I got the JetBlue credit card is because the annual fee is less than our annual bag fees. The half priced drinks don’t hurt either.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Just booked Feb 2021 - 07/20/2020 10:17 AM

Blue Basic hasn't changed but the next tier (Blue) has. It used to include a checked bag and since the fare was a little less than the bag fee I always went with that one (Blue). Now it only gets you to be able to select your seat when booking. I never paid for one bag each before.

After booking a new flight last week I called them and they confirmed that it was changed and you need the JetBlue + credit card to get the checked bag allowance. It is definitely worth it as mentioned above
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Just booked Feb 2021 - 07/20/2020 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Blue Basic hasn't changed but the next tier (Blue) has. It used to include a checked bag and since the fare was a little less than the bag fee I always went with that one (Blue). Now it only gets you to be able to select your seat when booking. I never paid for one bag each before.

After booking a new flight last week I called them and they confirmed that it was changed and you need the JetBlue + credit card to get the checked bag allowance. It is definitely worth it as mentioned above

The basic HAS changed because now you can't choose a seat unless you pay to choose. We always took it because we felt there was no reason to pay the tier with no cancellation fees (until covid-19) because we would go hell or high water. And I have the JB elite card so didn't have to pay for checked bag. I agree well worth the annual fee because we fly often (before covid-19) and utilize more free bag fees than that annual fee.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline