TravelTalkOnline

August Florida Flights

Posted By: mahokid

August Florida Flights - 07/20/2020 01:39 AM

Just noticed Jet Blue August 22 from Ft Lauderdale to SXM leg has been cancelled
Agent said all Florida flights for August are cancelled and expect other airlines to follow suit.

Now do we try to fly out of New York or just give up on going.
25th anniversary trip planned for August 22 to September 5.

Back up plan a lobster eating week in Maine.
Anyone from the Pine state can send along any shack recommendations, down and dirty lobster restaurants and any other foodie must do's
Posted By: WayneB

Re: August Florida Flights - 07/20/2020 01:58 AM

As a point of information, Maine does have a mandatory 14 day quarantine, upon arrival, from out of state. Happy Anniversary, and good luck with your decision. I hope your vacation plans workout, one way or the other.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: August Florida Flights - 07/20/2020 10:08 AM

..and a negative COVID test prior to arrival from mose states (CT,. NY, NJ, VT,and NH Exempt)

(response to post above mine)
Posted By: Bobcat

Re: August Florida Flights - 07/20/2020 10:21 AM

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubb...-we-can-go-in-the-states.html#Post229763

Short list of travel restrictions - State side.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: August Florida Flights - 07/20/2020 10:50 AM

I think you might have to order "lobsta" by mail or make other plans.

So far covid-19 has ruined our anniversary plans, my birthday trip (Rhine river cruise) and threatens to have to make other plans for hubby's 85th birthday. We love music venues and haven't been able to attend any. I'm sure this is true for everyone. We'll just have to wipe 2020 from our lives and hope for the future.

Happy 25th anniversary! You'll have many more celebrations.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: August Florida Flights - 07/20/2020 11:50 AM

Here is a link. https://maine.eater.com/maps/best-lobster-rolls-in-maine (Probably paid advertisers)
I can only attest to a few of these, Mcloon's, Five Islands and Boothbay lobster wharf (my town). all are unique and great views and rides. Erica's is a beautiful ride and views.
We like Cook's lobster house on Bailey Island, and Estes Lobster in Harpswell, mostly for the ride and views, but the foods pretty good too! There really are endless places like this. I hope you are able make it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline