TravelTalkOnline

Car thief beaten and caught

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Car thief beaten and caught - 07/26/2020 03:00 PM

Love this. Karma at it's best.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/suspected-car-thief-beaten-handed-over-to-gendarmes
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/26/2020 03:21 PM

Too lazy to look up the link right now, but I thought it took a lot of hudzpa for someone to steal the wheels and tires off the Health Minister's car.

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/26/2020 03:24 PM

As they say sometimes you just can't fix stupid. LOL
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/26/2020 10:32 PM

Right word, wrong spelling. For the future it's spelled "chutzpah".
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/26/2020 10:43 PM

weeks--Sorry!!
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/27/2020 12:06 AM

It can also be spelled Hutzpah.

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/27/2020 12:47 AM

Lots of spelling police here. Lol
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/27/2020 01:55 AM

Hey, I consider myself the spelling defense attorney.
Posted By: AlanB

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/28/2020 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
As they say sometimes you just can't fix stupid. LOL

My favorite section of Chuck Shepherd's "News Of The Wierd" was always the "Least Competent Criminals" department. It was so popular that Shepherd published a paperback "Least Competent Criminals" a collection of the best stupid criminal stories from his weekly columns.

And how y'all doin? I've been spending most of my forum time for the last three and a half years doing battle on a couple of political/current events boards.
Posted By: pat

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/28/2020 10:16 PM

Welcome back, Alan. It’s been quite a while.......

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/28/2020 11:08 PM

Thanks Pat. We haven't traveled outside of the country in eight years. A few domestic trips, the last one to Santa Fe in May 2019 to see the O'Keeffe home and studio, and other sights. So I don't have all that much to contribute to a travel forum anymore. We've had a place over in the Indiana Dunes since 2003, a block from the big lake. So that's where we've been getting our beach time in.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/28/2020 11:16 PM

Good to see another 'blast from the past", glad you checked in. Hope all is will.
Posted By: Bobcat

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/28/2020 11:23 PM

Hi Alan, good to hear from you. I visited Santa Fe in 1976, i remember the famous opera house. I can recall because I had asthma attack and wound up in St. Vincent hospital. Fond memories.

Be safe and well

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/28/2020 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Good to see another 'blast from the past", glad you checked in. Hope all is will.

Thanks J.D. We are dug in and behaving ourselves. We're geezers of course but our general health is really good so we are convinced we will get through this in fine shape. Hope you and yours are doing well too.

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 07/28/2020 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Hi Alan, good to hear from you. I visited Santa Fe in 1976, i remember the famous opera house. I can recall because I had asthma attack and wound up in St. Vincent hospital. Fond memories.

Be safe and well

Y'know...we thought Santa Fe was kind of the Grand Case of the desert. Just a whole bunch of really great restaurants in the downtown part of town.

You guys take care as well.
Posted By: Pan

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 08/08/2020 02:46 PM

"And how y'all doin? I've been spending most of my forum time for the last three and a half years doing battle on a couple of political/current events boards.

Why am I not surprised rofl Glad you're still alive and kickin. That beer is getting warm cheers
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Car thief beaten and caught - 08/08/2020 07:32 PM

Welcome back .
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline