TravelTalkOnline

Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor

Posted By: sxmBoston

Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor - 07/27/2020 06:58 PM

I recall that someone had a link for the vendor of the chairs and umbrellas that Club O uses. I was looking to pick up a couple of each for our new deck
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor - 07/27/2020 07:00 PM

JD (ruralcarrier) posted that here before. Presumably he will chime in with the answer soon.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor - 07/27/2020 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by sxmBoston
I recall that someone had a link for the vendor of the chairs and umbrellas that Club O uses. I was looking to pick up a couple of each for our new deck

It is Mi-Lor Casual, started by my wife's late aunt and uncle and now owned by their son. Not sure if they sell retail but perhaps they can put on onto a vendor if they do not.

Mi-Lor Casual
Posted By: sxmBoston

Re: Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor - 07/27/2020 07:17 PM

Thanks for the info. In the past 5 months, I've found that many wholesalers are now selling retail. I'll send them an email
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor - 07/27/2020 07:29 PM

I might have a retail vendor that can help you if you do not find one. Let me know, good luck.
Posted By: Rumlover

Re: Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor - 07/27/2020 11:22 PM

I think someone posted this one. It's a company call Lost Bwana Outfitters. They have the Mi-Lor brand. I've tried their request a quote and have not received any response. I have not tried calling them.

https://www.outdoorfurniture.ninja
Posted By: cacapasa

Re: Club Orient umbrella/chair vendor - 07/28/2020 07:40 AM

These chairs are poorly designed and difficult to repair. I presume CO bought them because they were cheaper than the competition. Vinyl strap chairs no longer are as popular as they were once upon a time ago, which is why fewer of them are on offer. Years ago there were brands that did sell models of superior construction quality, but either went out of business entirely (Keller) or who dropped vinyl strap models (Brown-Jordan, Tropitone). I can appreciate the appeal of owning the orange/white CO lounges, we had our vinyl strap chairs refinished about 6-7 years ago and switched the color scheme to Orange/white. They are more than 40 years old, now. At the time, the refinishers said "they don't make 'em like this anymore."

Caveat emptor
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline