TravelTalkOnline

Arrival for Tuesday test problem

Posted By: Kennys

Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/23/2020 10:38 PM

Hello Folks ,
I have an arrival for Tuesday but he failed because of one day short; i.e not that he positive just the timing . Any help ideas ?
Thanks,
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/23/2020 10:48 PM

Lesley--sorry? Was the test taken too soon? Because it can be less than 72 hours, just not more.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/23/2020 10:54 PM

Hi Carol apparently and was asking for ideas as to what to do.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/23/2020 11:49 PM

Where is he coming from? That test window is 72 hours from departing airport on last flight to SXM. Not arrival.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 12:09 AM

He's coming via Miami

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 12:34 AM

Lesley--he should have known the test was taken too soon when he did it. I'm not sure what the resolution is at this point, but he obviously wasn't paying attention the requirements when he had the test done.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 12:35 AM

Then it is a 72 hr window before takeoff from Miami.
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 02:04 AM

You can get the antibody test with 30 minutes + or - results most anywhere. That will get you on the plane. After arrival, you will have to get the PCR test at the airport in SXM.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 02:12 AM

That might depend on which airline and who's checking at boarding.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 03:14 AM

Hoping for the best .
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 09:36 AM

I'm in the same boat for November, may either change arrival 1 day, or hope the saliva tests accuracy is true and gets adopted
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 11:01 AM

https://rapidtesttravel.com/?fbclid=IwAR0ZOwuA-YkwO8E0K21g5CEP5HsxLKWw5eFJ2Snlq7ZKUzNfleVPbyFPGQo

Try one of these, there's a couple in Miami FLL area
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 11:23 AM

Are they no longer doing testing at the airport on arrival for those with outdated/wrong tests? Anyone know who closely the airlines are checking to allow you to board?

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 12:24 PM

Thanks and yes tests are being done at the Airport too.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 12:37 PM

It's never been clear at all to me under what circumstances they are doing tests at the airport in SXM. I have seen stories of some people who have been refused clearance to get on the plane at all. And of course SXM officials are not going to make any official statements about that.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 01:22 PM

Hi Carol , waiting on an update.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/24/2020 01:25 PM

Lesley--best wishes to your client. Hope they are able to get it figured out.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/25/2020 08:38 PM

Good afternoon ,
Everything went well this afternoon. They did their test after arrival at the Airport. Vacation starts.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/25/2020 10:17 PM

OK, glad it worked out OK.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/25/2020 10:32 PM

Congrats.
Posted By: johnhill

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/25/2020 11:40 PM

Lesley; Any further information on the test they had performed in the USA and had the test result they submitted on line been accepted? I have read in The Daily Herald the airport has now tested 699 arriving passengers, any reason why so many? It seems if you arrive with a test that is not accepted the airport staff will do the test and the passenger is on the way. Thank You

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/25/2020 11:56 PM

Hi John, the test they did in the US was okay but the days ran out , hence they had to do the test in St.Maarten when they arrive today.
Posted By: johnhill

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 12:30 AM

Thanks Lesley it appears that the SXM web site accepted their test result even though it expired before arrival. That's good to know. We have started looking for rapid Covid testing here in New York. Here's hoping we get to see you January 15th, 2021 for a 1 month rental.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 12:41 AM

Time of arrival doesn't matter. Its the time of departure on last flight to pjia.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 12:43 PM

Thanks John and please keep me posted.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Time of arrival doesn't matter. Its the time of departure on last flight to pjia.

uh oh. The last flight? I think I screwed up then. I did mine within the 72 hours of my first flight, but not my connecting flight (missed by 5 minutes).

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 05:04 PM

I would think it would work providing no major delays. Worst scenario would be if airline gets sticky and won''t let you board or you have to pay 125.00 at PJIA to get retested and self quarantine till results come in. Keep your fingers crossed.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 05:14 PM

Angelface--hopefully the worst that will happen is that you will have to pay to be re-tested at PJIA. Please let us know how it goes.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 05:18 PM

Thank you Carol and Scubaman. Will keep everyone posted.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 05:31 PM

Best of luck.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 06:49 PM

Good luck .
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Angelface

uh oh. The last flight? I think I screwed up then. I did mine within the 72 hours of my first flight, but not my connecting flight (missed by 5 minutes).

I've always understood the 72 hours to be from the day of travel, not the time the plane takes off or lands
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uksimonusa
Originally Posted by Angelface

I've always understood the 72 hours to be from the day of travel, not the time the plane takes off or lands

https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

"A rt-PCR test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab only and performed within 72 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten (last leg in case of connecting flights) is required for all travelers originating from a country that is categorized as high or moderate risk. "

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/26/2020 11:19 PM

BeachKitten--yes, that has been the requirement for a while. Thanks for posting that. I knew it but was too lazy to look up the reference..

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/27/2020 12:28 AM

That was a game changer for us on the west coast. Anybody with a connection too.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/27/2020 01:41 AM

lol...no problem Carol. I did it because Uksimonusa seemed to be under a different impression...
which I am sure the 699 (?) passengers who arrived at Julianna were as well....and had the special privilege of paying for a re-test. wink

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/27/2020 02:24 PM

Thanks for the clarification BeachKitten. Because time is meaningless and math isn't my strong suit, I was actually incorrect about my situation. My tests were indeed taken within the 72 time frame from my connecting Miami flight. Got my results back this morning (so less than 48 hours for those following) and I submitted my application. I'll do a separate post to share my travel experiences once I'm actually on island where I'm supposed to be (fingers crossed).

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/27/2020 02:42 PM

Good for you. Safe travels.

Re: Arrival for Tuesday test problem - 08/27/2020 02:58 PM

Angelface--Great! Enjoy your trip.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline