TravelTalkOnline

Border closure causing massive cancellations

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Border closure causing massive cancellations - 09/01/2020 01:28 PM

Daily Herald story
Posted By: pony600

Re: Border closure causing massive cancellations - 09/01/2020 02:00 PM

Well, that's not too surprising. While I understand that mitigating this virus is of utmost importance, I don't understand why tourists and Dutch side citizens are virtually locked out of the French side, while citizens on the French side are allowed to pass back and forth freely.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Border closure causing massive cancellations - 09/01/2020 04:31 PM

But because of the border closing, ..

"North American airlines have started to cut flights from November onwards and territorial continuity with France is non-existent in terms of volume necessary for our survival."
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Border closure causing massive cancellations - 09/01/2020 04:59 PM

As I stated in another thread, Delta is totally suspending service for September and October and resuming very limited service in early November and then (for now?) more regular service. It will likely impact our planned trip. Tough for the airlines to schedule flights when the island governments continue to flip-flop on testing requirements and border issues, many will NOT book with the ongoing uncertainty.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Border closure causing massive cancellations - 09/02/2020 12:08 AM

While the two sides of the island add character and variety there are plenty of dumb legal differences in normal times and the idea that one side of the island can do better than the other is folly.

The locals need to push long-term for a single island govt.

These business’ arent exagerating, they could all go extinct only to sell the remnants to post covid speculators who will fill the needs after the current owners are devastated.

If you want to isolate the island, isolate the island. Otherwise both sides should adopt same rules and who cares what Pompous Paris says.

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline