TravelTalkOnline

Boardwalk area to be revamped

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/10/2020 02:57 PM

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/boardwalk-area-to-be-revamped
Posted By: pat

Re: Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/10/2020 06:20 PM

It would be really nice if, while in the revamping mode, they could figure out an enforceable means of keeping vehicle traffic off the Boardwalk. I don’t think it’s much of a problem during the day but we have seen it first hand in the early morning hours and way too much of it in the evening when locals and visitors alike are walking after dinner. Or trying to......
Posted By: oceanview17

Re: Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/10/2020 06:54 PM

Revamp the Boardwalk you got to be kidding.If they dont revamp the requirements to enter the country 'there will not be a High Season.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/10/2020 07:33 PM

Yes, I agree, Pat. Something like parking bollards, to prevent people from getting to the beach and driving on it. That worked really well to prevent people from parking on the sidewalk in downtown--until some moron had them removed..
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/10/2020 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by oceanview17
Revamp the Boardwalk you got to be kidding.If they dont revamp the requirements to enter the country 'there will not be a High Season.

You are correct on that. I checked a small place where I like to stay on the Dutch side, 2 of 8 units booked for Nov. One of those was mine and it is now cancelled, leaving only one unit currently booked. This place is usually full from mid-Nov. on.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/10/2020 08:01 PM

Why the negative response to our doings .
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/10/2020 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
You are correct on that. I checked a small place where I like to stay on the Dutch side, 2 of 8 units booked for Nov. One of those was mine and it is now cancelled, leaving only one unit currently booked. This place is usually full from mid-Nov. on.

That last one is mine. It may also get cancelled; jury is still out on whether or not I will make the trip.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Boardwalk area to be revamped - 09/11/2020 12:26 AM

I figured as much. I spoke with Debbie yesterday. We were still a go until Delta cancelled our dates and then raised the fare and would have forced more of a schedule change than I was willing to accept.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline