TravelTalkOnline

As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes

Posted By: ruralcarrier

As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/28/2020 10:03 AM

Having had Delta cancel our original Nov. flights and since trying to find other days/options that would work, they are now different again. Delta continues to adjust, consolidate, eliminate and otherwise change in many ways the options for many to get to the island. It is almost a certain NO-GO for us now as I am not willing to overnight on either leg of the trip or risk a less than 1 hour connection time. As of a few days ago, there were some options on Delta that would have possibly worked had we changed our dates by a few days and paid more $$ but those are not even available now with the latest changes.

More moves that will have a negative impact on the economy of the island.

Good luck to anyone with flights booked.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/28/2020 11:34 AM

ruralcarrier, ...same deal with JB 4 me

looks like AA is in play tho...R/T from BOS 474$

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/28/2020 11:40 AM

AA is not a good option for us, unless we want two very tight and probably impossible connections each way.
Posted By: kim

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/28/2020 12:09 PM

I just looked at my delta for December/January and all is good - so far!! In 3 weeks we go LGA-MIA -SXM on AA. Then returning on a Saturday to Jfk direct on JB. I know you don’t want to do overnights. But could you get to Miami direct and stay over then fly down. Or Saturday’s to jfk and fly direct. Could
Be less stressful planning it that way. Flights are crazy inexpensive right now. We got the AA flight for 388 in First/Business. And the return on JB for 125!!

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/28/2020 12:42 PM

Thanks but way too many hoops to jump through to take a vacation. No direct from here to MIA that I am aware of. I was in at Delta for $414 but then it went up and even had I booked, the return is now an overnight. We do not have the luxury of multiple airlines and airports unless we make a 2 hour drive and then is it still basically the same airlines (AA/Delta). I think the closest JB comes is Cleveland and that is 4 hours. Sadly, probably not in the cards this fall.

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/29/2020 10:10 AM

FLITE I AM LOOKING AT AT GETS US INTO SXM AT 4p.M....(ACK) RETURN THRU CHARLOTTE WITH 95 MINUTE LAYOVER 474$

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/29/2020 10:38 AM

FLITE I AM LOOKING AT AT GETS US INTO SXM AT 4p.M....(ACK) RETURN THRU CHARLOTTE WITH 95 MINUTE LAYOVER 474$

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/29/2020 10:44 AM

sorry about all caps, my bad
Posted By: gomer36

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/29/2020 05:35 PM

Delta just cancelled our flight down (Detroit) on December 3rd. No notice, just happened to check. Changed it from an 8 hour same day flight to a 30 hour process with 24 hour layover in ATL. Checked AA out of Cleveland, and found great flights thru CLT for $350 less per ticket. Crossing our fingers these flights stick.

Re: As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes - 09/29/2020 07:18 PM

Good luck, hope it works for you.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline