TravelTalkOnline

Just Returned

Posted By: Chargergirl

Just Returned - 10/20/2020 12:08 AM

We are on our way home right now from being on island for 10 days. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that has a connection through Miami that they do not have adequate Customs/Immigration staff that caused us to miss our connection to Los Angeles. We had a 2 1/2 hour window to clear which a lot of travelers didn’t make and were stranded. We have done this 2 times before same flight/time with no problems. Had to spend the night and catch flight home.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 12:36 AM

Ugh! Hope things improve before our return flight in December. Do you have Global Entry?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 12:36 AM

OK, thanks for that info.

Would love to hear about your trip, when you can.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 01:01 AM

Last week when we went through MIA about half the immigration kiosks were not working.

Wendell
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 01:11 AM

That's not a great way to end your vacation.

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 01:19 AM

Wendell--did you go to SXM or Columbia, or somewhere else?
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 02:09 AM

We all had Global Entry, but we got through Immigration/Customs in Miami in less than 15 minutes on Sunday, October 11th.. Yes, a lot of the kiosks were not working, but that is typical at MIA. We got through so quickly that we had a very long wait at baggage claim. Hurry up to slow down...
Posted By: Chargergirl

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 01:39 PM

We do not have Global Entry but are seriously considering it. No kiosks were turned on for use which didn’t make sense. I wish I could file a complaint but don’t know where to start. I will try to take the time and do a trip report. I will say if you are hesitating at all to go to take a chance and do it as we had a fantastic time and cannot wait to return.

Re: Just Returned - 10/20/2020 01:48 PM

Chargergirl--the trip report doesn't have to be elaborate at all, whatever you can manage. Those of us who will not be going for quite a while are desperate for news from "home".
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Just Returned - 10/21/2020 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by sxm1987
Check out the Mobile Passport phone app, has worked well for us and simpler to get started than GE.

Yep, you can do that on the plane. Easy if you do not yet have GE.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline