TravelTalkOnline

naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19

Posted By: badbenni

naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 06:42 PM

Is the naso-pharyngeal swab test for covid the only acceptable test they now will accept for entry into St Maarten now. There are newer tests that are less invasive that are rt-PCR as well but they are not naso-pharyngeal swab instead the one we can get here through a Ma. Government sponsored test that uses swabs in both nostrils that doesn't go as far back into your head. Please respond.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:02 PM

As far as I know, and according to the SXM COVID info site, nothing has changed YET....RT-PCR is the only acceptable test

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:12 PM

Yes I read that but they clearly state only naso-pharyngeal swab type RT-PCR test is acceptable. That is my dilemma. I would like to hear from some who have recently visited the Island to see what type rt-PCR test they had?

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:17 PM

I would think, since it's the only acceptable test right now, that is the test they all had. I don't see a dilemma since there is no other listed option. Maybe in the near future it will change but right now "It is what it is". We did it for St. Thomas...only acceptable test there also

Now if you are assuming some visitors came with no test results that is another issue,,,,,and an issue with the uninformed
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:40 PM

You are correct. The only specimen collection format that they have listed as currently acceptable is the "NP Swab" or "Naso-Pharyngeal swab". There are both nano, oral, and spit specimens collection methods that use the RT-PCR for testing but the only specimen collection method that is listed as acceptable is the NP swab.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:41 PM

I had the MA test on Tuesday and got the results on Wednesday - the results describe the test as "qRT-PCR " . They swabbed both nostrils, but not that deeply (well, deeply enough!) and it was free. I figure that should get me on the plane, and if I have to have another test in SXM, so be it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:46 PM

NOTHING has changed with regard to tests. There is discussion within the SXM government to make a change but it has not happened yet, at least not according to the government site.

TESTING
Posted By: ecm56

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:49 PM

I find it amusing that the specify the collection method but don't specify the Ct (Cycle Threshold) used to determine a positive result which is far more important.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:53 PM

There was no confirmation of a negative test to get on the plane. It was STATED that the arriving destination required it but it was no confirmed before travel. The qRT-PCR is not an acceptable test (right now) so you will be subject to re-testing and quarantine until the results are back.

I guess this is not an issue but I would definitely try to avoid testing in SXM just in case of a asymptomatic positive (or false positive) test which could create a fuster cluck of events

..and how did you complete the online entry form with an inappropriate test?

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:55 PM

timnboston= did you submit your entry form and attach your test results to it for entry into St Maarten and get the OK from them back to you? That would be interesting if you did. Please respond as that is the free test I might take if you have no trouble with it.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 07:59 PM

That would be interesting to know

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 10:37 PM

Didn't have to do any paperwork ahead of time -took maybe 5 minutes on-site. In Salem MA it was a drive-through - but if you walked in they took you right away. Had to walk a couple of blocks, but not big deal. I was in and out in maybe 15 minutes

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 10:42 PM

My trip isn't until January, so I haven't submitted anything yet. But I work in tourism in Salem, so I've been getting tested every week. The drive up site in Salem is at Salem High School. And the hours are
M-W-F 2-6 and Tu-Th-Sat 10-2

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/28/2020 10:57 PM

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately we will have to take the naso-pharyngeal as the free test by the Ma. program doesn't offer it and St Maarten insists on the deep probe test. If anyone else who has recently gone to St Maarten from USA , please let us all know what test you took for entry.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by badbenni
Yes I read that but they clearly state only naso-pharyngeal swab type RT-PCR test is acceptable. That is my dilemma. I would like to hear from some who have recently visited the Island to see what type rt-PCR test they had?

Strange, on the stmaartenupdates.com website under the FAQ's it states a nasal swab PCR test for a big list of countries including the USA, but states a naso-pharyngeal swab for airline crew and transit passengers, seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 09:16 AM

Strange, on the stmaartenupdates.com website under the FAQ's it states a nasal swab PCR test for a big list of countries including the USA, but states a naso-pharyngeal swab for airline crew and transit passengers, seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

And there have been other instances of mixed messages, confusing and contradictory requirements and differing statements made regarding entry to the island.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 11:53 AM

We just returned on Sunday. We did the deep nasal swab. Our tests say "PCR - Covid-19 Test - Final". While these test results were looked at upon arrival I would not say they were scrutinized. In my opinion they saw PCR and negative and stamped the results and we were sent on to immigration. It does not state on the test results that the method of collection was a deep nasal swab. That may be implied by the term PCR.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 11:59 AM

PCR testing is implied to be deep nasal. It may or may not be but it should be.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 12:21 PM

Logan Airport in BOS in a few weeks will open a testing site for travelers....three types of testing available at a price.

.. Nasal swab PCR test for $75...results in 1-3 days

....Rapid molecular test...$200...results in 15 minutes

...blood antibody test...no cost listed

I guess if depends on whether you are arriving and need a quick negative test to avoid quarantine or departing at a future date to a location that needs the PCR test...
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 01:12 PM

I'm confused as to a PCR test with results in 1-3 days at an airport. I don't see the utility of that?

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 01:29 PM

Like anywhere else it is an available site for testing. I would go to the RI convention center....those around BOS could go to the airport, have the test, and then return on the day of their flight.. MA is not too traveler friendly with regards to traveler testing and this is an available option for getting a result of an acceptable test in a reasonably short time....and at 75 bucks might be worth it.

Edit: I should add that this is NOT a MA run facility. It is a private company that have the contract....RI is offering travelers convenient testing and at no cost....

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 01:32 PM

I just wonder why someone would go to the airport JUST to get a test. Seems very inconvenient, by the time you have to pay to park and walk a half mile to the terminal, etc..

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 01:42 PM

Well....any additional options are welcome. It is not easy to get an asymptomatic test in MA. I tried to get one at CVS and I got this...

You do not qualify for testing at this time.

Need an MD referral and/or symptoms

...and not everyone has to drive to the airport and the Silver line is free from the airport to locations downtown

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 01:45 PM

OK
Posted By: marisol

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 02:59 PM

Carol, my guess is that they are offering the test because MA is requiring people to quarantine for 14 days when returning from certain states. My sister live in MA and is currently visiting her daughter in NC. She will need to be tested on her return in order to get back to work.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 03:03 PM

Oh, ok. That makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 04:10 PM

Yup...then you have the choice of the 15 minute or 1-3 day test....depends on how much you want to spend and if you want to isolate yourself for a couple of days....no biggie
Posted By: Bahston

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 04:10 PM

Testing is being done for both employees (now) and passengers (mid-November). The capacity is reported to be 400 tests per day.

The cost for the Anibody test is $75. You can also get all 3 tests (1-3 day, Rapid, and Antibody) for $215.

The testing center is in Terminal E, the international terminal, which isn't all that convenient for anyone traveling to SXM.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 04:21 PM

As mentioned it is mainly for returning passengers on flights that need to go through customs...if you are on a direct flight from SXM you would land in Terminal E. They added the permission for any travelers going to test required destinations. If I lived in the greater Boston area I would be happy that there IS a place to go...

I would suggest if you think it is inappropriate or inconvenient then don't use that facility,,,,but it might be appropriate for many others both arriving and departing in the future...

Kinda sorry I even mentioned it.... back to my cave

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/29/2020 05:16 PM

boucharda--No need to be sorry..
Posted By: CHRISnPAUL

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 04:33 PM

How long did it take SXM to approve your results?

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 05:13 PM

They haven’t been approved as their trip is in January 2021. So it looks like the NASO-Pharyngeal test is required.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 05:56 PM

We’re going to SXM a week from tomorrow. We’ll be testing on Tuesday. Will that timeframe work?

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 06:04 PM

Tuesday test for a Saturday departure works....but Monday testing would give you an extra day for results to come back

..and make sure you are tested at a time later than your last connection departs....

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 06:21 PM

Thanks

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 06:27 PM

We as well are coming next Sat and we are getting tested Monday.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 06:56 PM

we are leaving on 10 Nov (tuesday), testing 6 Nov (Friday) should have document in hand by Monday morning
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 08:15 PM

I would bump that up a day or two. Dealing with a weekend and having to upload day before you leave is cutting it close.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 08:17 PM

Agree....

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 09:49 PM

I was told by my doctor that results are 24-48 hrs so we should be fine. Fingers crossed!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/30/2020 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda

..and make sure you are tested at a time later than your last connection departs....

I wondered if they're actually being that strict about the hours. We're flying on Saturday and were going to get our tests on the Monday before. I guess I'll schedule to account for the hours, but it seems a bit overkill.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

I wondered if they're actually being that strict about the hours. We're flying on Saturday and were going to get our tests on the Monday before. I guess I'll schedule to account for the hours, but it seems a bit overkill.

The time is measured in hours (120) so they may be strict with it

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 09:24 AM

spoke my PCP nurse who said to call her Monday 2nov to set up an appointment for early Friday test.... the lab works on weekends and she will submit a priority travel request. i will get a phone call from lab (on weekend, prob Sunday) when determination is made and if/when i am negative will call my nurse at my PCP and she will upload it to my chart 1st thing Monday a.m.

sounds simple eh?? YA RIGHT!!!!

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bizzottom
spoke my PCP nurse who said to call her Monday 2nov to set up an appointment for early Friday test.... the lab works on weekends and she will submit a priority travel request. i will get a phone call from lab (on weekend, prob Sunday) when determination is made and if/when i am negative will call my nurse at my PCP and she will upload it to my chart 1st thing Monday a.m.

sounds simple eh?? YA RIGHT!!!!

I think rather than uploading results to your chart with a phone call from lab you're going to need an actual result report directly from lab on their result form.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

Might depend on who is checking you on arrival.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 12:32 PM

Has something changed? I thought the test results also need to be downloaded to the SXM travel application form?

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 12:51 PM

Wendy--right, the actual written results from the lab need to be uploaded to the SXM travel application form. Something that your doctor or nurse says is NOT acceptable. It has to be the actual written report from the lab. If I understand the procedure that bizzotom is describing, it will NOT be good enough and will require a re-test once they arrive in SXM..
Posted By: wendyk

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 12:57 PM

Thanks Carol!
I'll be getting the test Monday for travel Sat morning. The test results come through LabCorp, which I hope to be able to figure out how to download/upload.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 12:59 PM

Correct but if it's the same as STT then if you get the results after 24 hours you can bring a PRINTED report stating the kind of test, date taken and results. If it's uploaded then that's taken care of. They took the approval form, briefly looked at the word "negative" and that was that ...BUT...this was WITH a prior approval.

I also wouldn't rely on a patient chart result as evidence...might work....might not.

..and from the SXM entry requirements

The original result of this test must be uploaded as soon as possible as part of the health authorization application procedure in order to be processed. Processing takes 6-8 hours. The test result should clearly specify the name of the laboratory, test subject name, test date, type of test administered and how the test sample was obtained. Typed, written or e-mail statements from doctors or non-laboratories will not be accepted.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 01:02 PM

We just returned less than a week ago and have gone through the process. Nowhere on our covid test did it give a time. Only a date. So there would be too way to count it in actual hours. We did our tests on Monday afternoon at 4:30 for a Friday departure. We wanted to make sure we had enough time for a Saturday departure in case we missed our connecting flight in Miami. Our results came in 24 hours but had the wrong date on them. It had Sunday's date instead of Monday and that would not have covered us through Saturday like we wanted. Since we got them late on Tuesday we had to wait until Wednesday morning to contact the clinic to get the date changed. That was done by noon on Wednesday and immediately uploaded to the site and within 1.5 hours we had approval. If you have a connecting flight, please read my earlier post entitled "AA Experience". Hope this experience helps others.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 01:32 PM

Interesting about the time documentation....mine had times indicated for: collection, received and reported but I will add that my test was taken at 1110am (in reality) but the report said collected at 17:19pm so a decent 6 hours for wiggle room

The SXM website does state 120 hours but I doubt that they would be picky about a couple/few hours

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 05:32 PM

I think SXM needs to make a decision if the rapid test will be accepted (on Island or before travel) AND if they will require THEIR medical insurance instead of a private policy obtained before departure

It doesn't help to dangle possibilities out there without a decision
Posted By: pat

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 09:00 PM

I couldn’t agree more. The uncertainty status is making us all a little crazy. Or is it just me? And btw, that last was purely a rhetorical question so no responses are necessary! 😊😊

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 10/31/2020 10:55 PM

Totally agree, but they have been wishy-washy, back peddled, flip-flopped and been inconsistent through the entire situation. I really wonder if the "powers that be" have a handle on what this is doing to the working population of the island.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 11:18 AM

carol
It will be a written report from the lab to my pcp who will add it to my private health record that i can down load and print the lab copy. are you saying it might not be acceptable???

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 11:20 AM

i am quite certain all reports (not hand written) are digitally transmitted to participating testing facility offices.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 12:48 PM

Correct....most are PDF files that can be downloaded and attached or printed

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 01:34 PM

bizzotom--I thought you meant that your PCP was going to write a note to the effect that the test was negative, as opposed to getting a copy of the results through your PCP. I would think most labs would ask for your email so you could receive it directly, as opposed to having to go through the PCP to get the results, but I am probably wrong. If I go through Quest for tests, all tests I have there are automatically uploaded where I can download or print them myself.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 01:40 PM

It depends on how the test was ordered. If you had an MD (or NP) order the test they will get the result and it will be included in your portal for downloading. If you obtained it for travel (no MD involved) it will be emailed to you directly AND you can set up a lab portal and it will also be there.

Quest testing also has an MD name attached so it's the same process

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 02:44 PM

They will not accept a handwritten note from your Dr nor anyone else. They only will accept the report from the Lab with their logo and time and date of the test as well as rt-PCR naso-pharyngeal test result. This is according to their instructions on their web site

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 03:23 PM

Correct..and that report, as stated, can be downloaded from the MD portal....nobody "writes" (handwritten) in a health record anymore

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/01/2020 03:26 PM

carol,

totally understand, but the way it was explained to me is that i will get a call over the weekend of 7/8 Nov, probably Sunday as i am taking the test on Friday, based on my interaction with my PCP's nurse is, 2morrow i will make the appt for Friday and as soon as she gets in on Monday she will upload it to my personal chart and i can go in and download and print it out and begin the upload to the St Maarten web site.

I will attempt to request that the finding be personally emailed to me as well as soon as it is available.

thank u all for help, great folks on this site!!!

staying at Divi if any else is, sure would like to meet you at Gizmos, i shud be wearing a red baseball hat with a B on it (redsox) or a silly looking like i Gilligan, LOL

Posted By: rterrones

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/02/2020 02:56 PM

interesting conversations about the test and results. Where did you get your test and results in 2 days. Traveling to the island in Dec so I need to get a testing site firmed up. Thanks

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/02/2020 09:38 PM

rterrones, you might want to check if there's a Passport Health location in your area. They specialize in vaccines and tests for travelers. That's where we're getting our tests done. They don't guarantee the timing of the results, but say it's usually two days. Also, keep up to date on the SXM government's requirements, as there's talk of a rapid test program upon arrival at the airport.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/02/2020 09:44 PM

reliant medical where i have my PCP located, leominster, massachusetts
Posted By: rterrones

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/02/2020 11:22 PM

GaKaye;
Passport Health here in Milw says 2-5 day turn around. With 5 day window I was a little concerned but I'll check back with them to try to get in narrowed down a bit. Checking also with CVS Pharmacy which some have used.
Thanks

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/03/2020 01:52 AM

Most everywhere around here is saying something like that. No one that I've found is willing to guarantee any timeframe. If you're not traveling until December, I'd wait to see if the SXM rapid test system is instituted.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/04/2020 09:36 PM

Looks like the USVI has added the rapid test and/or a blood antibody test to the RT-PCR test as acceptable for entry. Hopefully SXM will review.....

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/04/2020 11:59 PM

Looks like the USVI has added the rapid test and/or a blood antibody test to the RT-PCR test as acceptable for entry. Hopefully SXM will review.....

That would be nice if they did.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/05/2020 12:07 AM

I don't understand,
The only test that is acceptable is the first, more invasive test.
Then why are people purchasing kits that they can do at home?
I don't remember the name, but if you are doing it yourself and not getting as deep as the original test, how can it be better than the rapid test??

Maybe I have it all completely wrong, but have not seen an explanation.
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/05/2020 01:11 AM

We have been tested at Passport Health twice in the past 30 days. Here in the Sarasota - Bradenton area of Florida, Passport Health offers several different nasal PCR tests. They vary in cost, depending on how quickly you need results. Both times, we had results in around 36 hours. If you are willing to pay out of your own pocket and pay dearly, quick results are available through Passport Health, at least in our area.
Posted By: SXMBrad

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/05/2020 03:10 AM

We tested today in Minneapolis for our Sunday trip, not enjoyable but really no big deal. Arrive at 8am, get appointment for 3pm. Out the door at 3:15. Results in next 48 hours.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/05/2020 11:59 AM

We took our nasopharyngeal test at MedPost in Massachusetts on Monday November 2 and got our results this morning Thursday November 5 at 6:30am . Our flight is on Saturday. Quest Diagnostics was the lab they use.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/05/2020 08:58 PM

We filled our EHAS forms and attached our Nasopharyngeal Covid test results as directed and my wife admittance permit came back in about 25 minutes approved and mine took about 4 hours to come back to me approved. I called St Maarten and asked why mine took so much longer than my wife's to come back and the woman I spoke to said they have about 10 people doing the permits and that ours which were entered separately went to 2 different persons. I think they are working from home so it makes sense that it would take longer from one or another there.
Thought many of you would like this information so please all come back to St Maarten and support the economy there.

Badbenni

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/05/2020 09:34 PM

Thanks for that

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/05/2020 10:55 PM

I have heard similar stories with people applying at the same time and getting results/acceptance several hours apart.
Good luck.
Posted By: bc007

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 01:21 AM

I saw most people in this thread departed on a Saturday to SXM. Would departure on a Wed or Thu to SXM be too risky? In that case, the test needs to be done on a Friday or a Saturday, and I'm not sure if the lab works during weekends.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 01:37 AM

It depends on where you are. Better to check with the labs to see for sure. Friends of ours were tested today (Sunday) in Washington State.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 02:05 AM

I think it's a function of how many more flights there are on a Saturday, versus when folks get the test.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 02:23 AM

Thanks GaKaye and Carol!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 01:52 PM

Tuesday test for a Saturday departure works....but Monday testing would give you an extra day for results to come back

Isn't taking the test on Monday cutting it very close for a Saturday departure?

I have heard that the labs here are no longer giving the Deep nasal testing, it is the same, just not as deep.
The people who had both went to the same lab that they had their first Deep Nasal done.

People are also talking about tests being accepted that they have ordered, from labs, and do themselves.

Very confusing.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 03:32 PM

No. Monday is the ealiest you can do with that 120hr window.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 06:04 PM

I just called CVS minute clinic, so here's a data point for the board members. I was told 2-3 days turnaround time is calendar day, not business day. But the agent said it would take longer to 6-10 days given the holiday season is approaching and the surging covid cases. I'm not sure if I can still go if that's the case.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 08:11 PM

bc007 ... do you know if the CVS minute clinic require symptoms to get tested?

I need to find something in the Charlottesville, VA area to have a test done for travel.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
bc007 ... do you know if the CVS minute clinic require symptoms to get tested?

I need to find something in the Charlottesville, VA area to have a test done for travel.

When you try to schedule an appointment with them online, there is a question asking if you suspect you have been exposed to Covid (not the exact words). If you select that, you will be qualified to get tested even if you don't have a sympton.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/16/2020 08:35 PM

There is a Patient First in Richmond, a little over an hour away from Charlottesville, that offers Covid testing without a referral but it is by appointment only. We used Patient First for our tests, it is RT-PCR and turnaround time was 2 days.
Posted By: nakedisbetter

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/17/2020 12:29 AM

In case this helps anyone: According to the SXM site the 120 Hours is prior to the "DATE" of arrival, not arrival time or departure time. I emailed the tourism bureau because my 120 hours would be on a Saturday afternoon when clinics were closed. They confirmed that anytime 5 days prior works. Of course I will be printing off that email to take with me just in case smile

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/17/2020 12:41 AM

As I recall it states no more than120hr prior to your last departure flight to SXM.

Re: naso-pharyngeal swab test for Covid 19 - 11/17/2020 01:54 AM

Right from the “Electronic Health Authorization System” the following is the exact wording.

“performed within 120 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten (last leg in case of connecting flights)”

I would follow the published rules, but that’s just me.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline