French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/21/2020 10:17 PM

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/amerricans
Posted By: Kennys

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/21/2020 10:29 PM

Thanks and good news.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/21/2020 11:01 PM

Progress. Slow, but progress.

I don't know which antigen test will be used. Most appear to be nasal swabs, but not as deep as the rt-PCR nasal swabs.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/21/2020 11:05 PM

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something, but this part of the story seems like a big deal for anyone planning to stay on or visit the French side.

“According to the preliminary information, American visitors arriving at Princess Juliana Airport will need to submit to a second test, likely to be a rapid antigen test, as the 120-hour requirement to enter St. Maarten will no longer be valid for French territory.”

Does this mean we’ll be tested again before we’re allowed to go to our apartment in Orient? If so, do we pay for it? Where will we be tested? And what happens if we don’t pass the test? I don’t necessarily expect anyone to have the answers, but it raises a lot of questions that aren’t addressed in the story.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/21/2020 11:27 PM

It IS a big deal, yes. As of now, people staying in VBRO places didn't need to worry about French side rules. Ultimately, good news overall, that they were able to figure it out between French and Dutch sides.

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/21/2020 11:44 PM

I’m glad to see there are formal policies. It just seems like there’s a lack of official information online. That’s fine if another test is required, but I can’t find anything about it other than one paragraph in a news story about a different development. A single, updated St. Martin government source for tourist news and policies would be a major improvement in the island’s attempt to bring visitors back. Maybe it’s out there and I just haven’t found it.

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/22/2020 12:37 AM

I think the answer is that for St. MAARTEN, the rules have been fairly clear. For St. Martin, not so much.

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/22/2020 12:43 AM

Yes, the Dutch side has been pretty clear. I emailed the Office de Tourisme de Saint Martin tonight with my questions. Hopefully I’ll get a response. If so, I’ll post what I learn here.

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/22/2020 12:50 AM

Thanks. If you do receive a response, would appreciate it.
Posted By: Todd

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/22/2020 01:02 AM

Awesome, so I can change my name back from Pierre!

Re: French side hotels authorized to accept US - 11/24/2020 04:47 PM

Here’s what I was told in an email today from the Office de Tourisme de Saint Martin. I’m not sure what to expect.

Please find traveling restrictions and advice for entering the french territory by plane:
http://www.saint-barth-saint-martin...s-d-entree-par-voie-aerienne-et-maritime
unfortunately the internet site is in french.

You are not required to take a rapid test once on the island neither to travel one side to either.

Once on the island there is no border control between french and dutch side, you are free to circulate one side to the next.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline