TravelTalkOnline

French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors

Posted By: Bahston

French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors - 11/27/2020 10:14 AM

The story from The Daily Herald:

Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors - 11/27/2020 01:02 PM

Interesting, especially since they say it applies now to villas and guesthouses, in addition to hotels. More BS in my opinion. Guess those who have stayed at villas and guesthouses in recent months should consider themselves lucky they didn't have to undergo yet another level of testing.. Of course, I never understood what the logical difference was between the different types of accommodation, but to expect things to be logical in 2020 is perhaps futile..
Posted By: johndana274

Re: French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors - 11/27/2020 01:09 PM

We are arriving on December 2nd and staying at a villa on the French side. Another hoop to jump through. Wondering how they will enforce this.
Posted By: johndana274

Re: French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors - 11/27/2020 01:17 PM

We are arriving on December 2nd and staying at a villa on the French side. Another hoop to jump through. Wondering how they will enforce this.

Re: French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors - 11/27/2020 01:18 PM

Good question John. Just one more thing, huh? Good luck.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors - 11/27/2020 01:42 PM

I’m trying again to get some clarification about all of this. My first email to the tourism office didn’t help, so I’m trying the contact form at http://www.saint-barth-saint-martin.gouv.fr/.

It seems like you can avoid a second test if your original test in the US is within 72 hours. I’ve asked if that’s 72 hours from the last flight leaving the US like with the 120-hour SXM requirements, or if it’s 72 hours before crossing to the French side. If I’m misunderstanding this option, let me know.

As before, I’ll post any response I get.

Re: French-Side Hotels to sign individual conventions as condition for accepting US visitors - 11/27/2020 01:47 PM

Please do post if you are able to get some clarification.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline