TravelTalkOnline

AA FF miles

Posted By: Bluesfan

AA FF miles - 12/07/2020 10:44 PM

I booked our flights for Sat. January 30 returning on a Friday. Only 30 K each round trip. Lowest in years. (Not the web special, can be changed).
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AA FF miles - 12/07/2020 11:05 PM

Normally it's at least 35K, this time of year. Good deal..
Posted By: Mikel

Re: AA FF miles - 12/07/2020 11:23 PM

I had an AA 30,000 mile r/t web special that I had booked in July and needed to change my flights. I cancelled the original reservation and rebooked last week for the same 30,000 miles. No problem with refunds of fees or seat upgrades either.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: AA FF miles - 12/08/2020 01:42 AM

I was able to get AA First Class return from SXM through MIA to SEA all one day for 15,000 miles each for June. Could not believe it.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: AA FF miles - 12/08/2020 10:19 AM

We cancelled a15k coach round trip.

After being a Delta and United followers for decades, AA offerred platinum status for free in a mailing after just booking a single coach segment JFK to LHR in 2014. Whoever devised that offer was brilliant because AA got lion share of biz travel for next 7 years. Delta miles kept coming with Amex spending.

Due to their value, we ditched the AMEX card for daily purchases for AA advantage card because mile for mile, AA miles are far more valuable and easy to use at anytime year round and have RT deals to SXM such this post. Rare that Delta ever does.

Posted By: Todd

Re: AA FF miles - 12/08/2020 11:56 AM

That is a pretty good deal, we paid approx $1100 RT for this trip we are on as well as the one in April we will be going on, and at that rate I don't mind just banking miles but if I was able to get for 15k that is getting over $0.036 per mile and that would have been worth it. I had been saving up AA miles for an Ethiad or Qatar First Class but with Alaska joining up with AA I can use my AS miles which we have plenty.

Just a thought, Alaska and AA are getting back into a partnership starting around March and if you earn points on Alaska they are values at 1.8 per Points Guy and AA are at 1.4, so better off earning on Alaska and if you have status at the top levels (I am 75k with AS) you will get benefits on both airlines.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline