TravelTalkOnline

Ontario Testing Options

Posted By: VegasCanadian

Ontario Testing Options - 12/14/2020 03:02 PM

I know a few people on here have travelled to SXM since COVID started from Ontario Canada and I'm just interested to know how you handled testing? We're considering travelling in July 2021 and just want to make sure we've got all the details on testing should those restrictions still be in place at that point. Did you use a private testing service and if so what was the cost? We live in the suburbs around Toronto so anywhere in the GTA we could make work. If anyone has any options or details on what they did it would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Ontario Testing Options - 12/14/2020 03:54 PM

I think you missed your trip. Might try for July 2021. LOL
Posted By: VegasCanadian

Re: Ontario Testing Options - 12/14/2020 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I think you missed your trip. Might try for July 2021. LOL

Edited. I've been trying to take this trip for so long the years are all running together!
Posted By: George1234

Re: Ontario Testing Options - 12/14/2020 05:05 PM

Apparently Ford said Ontario will no longer give free tests for travel. Shoppers has tests for $200 a pop
Posted By: Southshore

Re: Ontario Testing Options - 12/14/2020 06:14 PM

An article in the Toronto Star last week covered this. Shoppers and some private clinics will give tests specifically for travel. Prices range from $50.00 to $250.00. You can probably find the article online.
I tried to post the link but can't seem to.
Found the link. The Care and family Clinic in Yorkville is doing testing, says it is paid for by OHIP. Not sure how. Switch Health does tests for $160.00 In Niagara Falls, Ichor Blood services does tests.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline