TravelTalkOnline

German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage.

Posted By: Bluesfan

German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/17/2020 09:28 PM

https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/mare_tv/Karibik-im-Doppelpack,maretv1404.html?fbclid=IwAR01pXhZr3z2f6Res5tckvDCBHCP5UuQfm3XEzKsGoXvJez04R0zRWBFjUQ
Posted By: SammyM

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/18/2020 07:07 PM

Thanks, Bluesman ... I will definitely check this out. Personally, I've never met any German tourists on St. Martin (Dutch or French sides), nor on St. Barth's. But, if you ever travel to Mallorca, German is like a second language on that Spanish Island. However, we did meet a very nice couple from Russia earlier this year on Orient Beach so that was a first.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/18/2020 08:59 PM

Here is a clickable link Link

It's really quite a lovely show. I wish it was available all in English. It is worth watching, for sure, for a lovely dose of SXM and her people.

Thanks for posting!
Posted By: SammyM

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/18/2020 09:31 PM

Yes, it was really good! I had three years of German in high school and another year in college so I hung in there and kind of understood the narration, but a translation button would have been great. We talk to that chair guy at Maho Beach every year about the shifting sands and that chalk board with the flight arrivals and departures. I suppose if we can't be there right now this is the next best thing.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/19/2020 01:23 AM

I can't get the english version to work

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/19/2020 02:11 AM

There isn't an English version, as far as I know. The front page has about a paragraph written in English, but there is no audio in English, as far as I know.
Posted By: LovesSXM

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/19/2020 07:17 PM

Enjoyed the program. Having spent a year studying at a German university, I understood most of it. I was surprised that they did not mention Club O's clothing optional beach as Germany has the highest per capita nudists in the world.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/20/2020 08:32 AM

I enjoyed watching that, the NDR (norddeutscher Rundfunk) is a public TV station that still makes some good video. I have no problem with the German (considering it is my mother tongue) and there's probably no mention of the FKK beach at Club O because, for Germans, a nude beach is not worth particular mention smile

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/20/2020 02:02 PM

Zanshin-- rofl

By the way, can you look to see if there is a fully English version of the show?
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: German SXM Documentary. Beautiful footage. - 12/20/2020 02:09 PM

Yep, we've been to Mallorka (Majorca) and there are lots of German tourists, German restaurants, practically German towns!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline