TravelTalkOnline

Cuisinart sold

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Cuisinart sold - 12/18/2020 02:01 PM

Daily Herald story

I wonder how much the plane ticket is going to be on the private jet from Miami?? laugh
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/18/2020 07:00 PM

Or better yet, how much will a round of golf cost at his new resort? Nice idea to teach the children of Anguilla how to play golf, but who will provide the golf equipment for them? Teaching the kids golf is one thing, but making courses available and affordable for them to play is another. Hopefully, that will be part of the plan.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/18/2020 07:03 PM

Somehow I think there might be more beneficial things to teach a child than golf....
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/18/2020 07:12 PM

I agree, Jazzgal but in all honesty golf helped me keep my sanity this past summer and fall with this dreaded pandemic at hand. Golf provides a degree of healthy exercise when you walk the course (and not always use a cart), plus the vitamin D you absorb from the sunlight is very beneficial for immune system health. I'd rather have kids learning golf as opposed to driving motor bikes aggressively on the island's two lane roads!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/19/2020 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by SammyM
I agree, Jazzgal but in all honesty golf helped me keep my sanity this past summer and fall with this dreaded pandemic at hand. Golf provides a degree of healthy exercise when you walk the course (and not always use a cart), plus the vitamin D you absorb from the sunlight is very beneficial for immune system health. I'd rather have kids learning golf as opposed to driving motor bikes aggressively on the island's two lane roads!

Ditto! Hubby has spent a few years collecting golf clubs and I finally said their clutter must go. So, he donated them to the Boys Club who said they plan to set up a plan to teach golf because of its benefits for character building in young children.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/19/2020 04:06 PM

oh a fool and his money. Been there a few times and other than the beaches I find the island about as appealing at the surface of the moon and way over rated. The prettiest part of Anguilla is looking back at the green hills of gorgeous St. Martin . IMO
Posted By: pat

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/19/2020 04:33 PM

Wow, forever, having stayed on AXA a few times, I couldn’t disagree more, but thank heavens, we are all entitled to our personal opinions and preferences.

It’s definitely NOT SXM, nor does it or has it ever aspired to be but it’s beaches are lovely and the people we’ve encountered are, too. The food is very good, too. The only problem I have with AXA, beyond it’s higher costs, are the logistics in getting there. That one more plane, ferry or water taxi can and has been a deal breaker for us.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/19/2020 04:50 PM

Good for Cuisinart. Places like that are out of my preferred price range. I learned to love AXA, back in the day when Uncle Ernie's was still Uncle Ernie, and there were still reasonably priced locations nearby. I really really loved Uncle Ernie's.
Posted By: irina

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/19/2020 06:48 PM

We really really loved Uncle Ernie's also. And his pal, Pressure King.
irina
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/19/2020 07:45 PM

Pressure King! Get out the Crown - 3 shots, 1 for Ernie, 1 for Pressure King, and 1 for me!

I'm sad that for various reasons neither Ernie or Pressure King are still with us.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/20/2020 02:04 PM

Oh that property is incredibly beautiful and we LOVE AXA, but as previously stated, that extra hop to get there, and then finding lodging that doesn't break the bank can be a challenge! Also, the bathing suit standards are British, not French. smile We had a trip planned there for next month, but with all the uncertainty, we cancelled it. DANG! Planning on going in 2021, along with SXM and SBH.
Posted By: Maranjo

Re: Cuisinart sold - 12/21/2020 12:17 AM

Agree. Miss uncle Ernie and Pressure king
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline