TravelTalkOnline

One night stay

Posted By: Blackdog20

One night stay - 01/16/2021 05:33 PM

My wife and I are arriving for our one week stay at OBBR on February 5th. Our problem is our week is Saturday to Saturday but because of our flight situation we are arriving on Friday. Any recommendations for economical one night lodging on the island? We don’t need fancy because we’ll basically only be sleeping there and checking out in the morning.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: One night stay - 01/16/2021 05:41 PM

As you might know, you can rent a night from OBBR, which we did last week. They actually put us in our room that we were going to on Saturday, just a day early.

Another couple that is here now rented for 1 night at Mary's Boon last week with no issues.
Posted By: Blackdog20

Re: One night stay - 01/16/2021 05:46 PM

What was the cost at OBBR?
Posted By: mort

Re: One night stay - 01/16/2021 07:20 PM

Travel Inn. $99 a night all taxes and fees. We have stayed there.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: One night stay - 01/16/2021 07:49 PM

Prices are on their website...depends on room type
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: One night stay - 01/16/2021 07:54 PM

I second that recommendation from Mikel, at least to check to see what the price is. Most hotels are NOT full at all these days, so I would try that first.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: One night stay - 01/16/2021 07:55 PM

If you don't mind paying a little more, another possibility for a one night stay is Holland House right in Philipsburg. A lot of people who have taken cruises from St. Maarten stay there for a night or two prior to their cruise because the port is right next door. It has a lot going for it including a great breakfast buffet each morning, a beautiful outdoor restaurant that overlooks Great Bay and includes a view of Saba from the tiered levels, excellent security, and it's located mid way between the airport and the Oyster Pond area. It's just a 20 minute drive from Holland House (northeast) to reach your destination. Plus, super friendly staff makes this a nice choice. May be able to get a room for about $176/night, but you'll have to research this to find the best deal. My wife and I have stayed here several times in past years and have loved it every time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline