TravelTalkOnline

Rapid Test For Entry

Posted By: Buddyhog

Rapid Test For Entry - 02/09/2021 04:32 PM

With the RT- PCR test now reduced to 72 hours has anyone had any trouble with the Becton Dickinson Veritor Plus test? I guess this is a rapid test that doesn’t do the nasal swab? We leave on a Friday and thought we could do the rapid test on Wed and get results right away? I would then have to fill out the requirement sheet and was hoping to get approved no later than Thursday morning? Is this schedule feasible? Also, I guess you just do the rapid test on St Martin for arrival back to States? Thanks
Posted By: kim

Re: Rapid Test For Entry - 02/09/2021 07:07 PM

If you are from Canada or the US it is still 120 hours, the 72 never happened and won't.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Rapid Test For Entry - 02/09/2021 08:08 PM

Not the rapid test when leaving SXM.
Posted By: Southbound

Re: Rapid Test For Entry - 02/09/2021 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by kim
If you are from Canada or the US it is still 120 hours, the 72 never happened and won't.

According to who? The EHAS office acknowledges that the Director of Tourism has stated that but says they have no official notice of that. She is "A" official, but not "THE" official according to the Officials. So I have no official documentation on what official is THE official position. LOL!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rapid Test For Entry - 02/09/2021 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Southbound
Originally Posted by kim

According to who? The EHAS office acknowledges that the Director of Tourism has stated that but says they have no official notice of that. She is "A" official, but not "THE" official according to the Officials. So I have no official documentation on what official is THE official position. LOL!

Various Emails from the EHAS "Official" says is 72 hours.
Posted By: kim

Re: Rapid Test For Entry - 02/10/2021 02:24 AM

it was according to the live press meeting. but it has been updated as of today stating exactly what I stated.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rapid Test For Entry - 02/10/2021 03:41 AM

👏👍👌
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Rapid Test For Entry - 02/10/2021 12:04 PM

Due to our flight schedule change we had to retest for Covid. Went to the same lab ,SLS on Cay Hill, at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday and received an èmail with results at 5:15 the same day. $133 for both of us, well worth the price for the 3 day delay in returning home to snowy MA.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline