TravelTalkOnline

From AMS to SXM - RT-PCR 72h AND rapid antigenic test prior to departure?

Posted By: Isabela

From AMS to SXM - RT-PCR 72h AND rapid antigenic test prior to departure? - 02/12/2021 12:57 AM

Nice to meet you everybody,

I just found an information on the dutch gouvernement website that indicates that prior to departure is required to present in addition of the RT-PCR done 72h in advance ALSO a Rapid Antigenic test conducted shortly before the departure (probably 4 hours like is mandatory for flying to the Netherlands).

I didn’t find a similar information on the official Sint Maarten websites.
I’ve sent an email to the EHAS site but I don’t know if I’ll get an answer...

I hope there is someone on the forum that came recently from Europe via Amsterdam that can answer my question...

Off topic - I must tell you that the team on this forum is the nicest and the most informative of all of the traveling forums I have ever consulted! I think that you made me already fall in love with your « adopted » paradise island!

Isabela

Attached picture 7DF302E1-B91A-4C0B-B220-3F523F6E067B.jpeg
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: From AMS to SXM - RT-PCR 72h AND rapid antigenic test prior to departure? - 02/12/2021 01:48 AM

Thank you for bringing this to the attention to the authorities of, and making it more difficult for people to travel to, this already-struggling island....
Posted By: Isabela

Re: From AMS to SXM - RT-PCR 72h AND rapid antigenic test prior to departure? - 02/12/2021 02:07 AM

Nothing could be further from mind!

With all due respect you must be naive to think that the Sint Maarten gouvernement is not updated with the kingdom’s regulations...

And if you really think that my email to the EHAS can do that much of a harm I’m informing you that I just asked the if I have to take the 2 tests, I didn’t mention about the Dutch gouvernement website...

Have a nice evening and trust me that I absolutely meant no harm...
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: From AMS to SXM - RT-PCR 72h AND rapid antigenic test prior to departure? - 02/12/2021 10:23 AM

Thank you.

The fact there has been and continues to be conflicting information on the various "official" SXM sites is very frustrating, and it is causing some to flat out cancel trips. Good luck.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline