TravelTalkOnline

Roxy's cafe

Posted By: caribfan

Roxy's cafe - 02/12/2021 05:34 PM

Does anyone know if Roxy's cafe (I believe its the right name) is open. It is run by Roxanne who used to work at Divi and her husband. Great little place
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/12/2021 06:09 PM

Somebody wrote a google review on it yesterday, so I'd say "yeah, it's open."
Posted By: WLE

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/13/2021 12:47 PM

Not so great, loud noise and expencive
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/13/2021 12:49 PM

Are you referring to Roxy's Cafe or to Roxxy Beach? Two different places.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/13/2021 01:00 PM

Correct, one is a small place in the fish market area, Roxy's Corner I believe is the proper name. A small local type place. I think it is also known (or was at one time) as Butter Fish restaurant.

The other, Roxxy Beach (different spelling), is a large entertainment/restaurant type place. Much more upscale with prices and attitudes to match.

Two totally different places but often confused in discussions.
Posted By: caribfan

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/14/2021 05:20 PM

Roxy's Corner/Butter fish. We spent several nice meals with Roxanne and her Husband. such wonderful people.
Posted By: beachlovers84

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/14/2021 07:05 PM

Hi JD,
Can you tell me about the fish market? Location and hours please, also do they sell lobster?
Posted By: WLE

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/14/2021 07:16 PM

Sorry, "My bad" I was referring to Roxxy Beach and last night it was really loud boom boom into the morning,
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/14/2021 07:24 PM

Roxy management denied being the source of the noise in a Telegram article while we were on island. They were the ONLY place open at that time of night/morning.......

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/14/2021 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by beachlovers84
Hi JD,
Can you tell me about the fish market? Location and hours please, also do they sell lobster?

It is s small market, just over the bridge when heading towards the airport. It is between the bridge and where Ric's Place/Bonita's Cantina used to be. I think Golden Eyes may still be on the upper floor of the building where Ric's was. I think they open rather early as I have seen vendors there when walking by in the mornings. No idea on the lobster but they might have it. Pretty much across from McDonald's. I will attach a screenshot map.

Attached picture 2021-02-14.png

Re: Roxy's cafe - 02/14/2021 10:38 PM

Let's keep the politics out of this.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline