TravelTalkOnline

Help! I’m so confused

Posted By: marge

Help! I’m so confused - 02/12/2021 08:28 PM

Please forgive me if I’m beating a dead.....or dying, horse. I’ve read and re-read posts about the timing of the ENTRY Covid test to St. Maarten from the US. Is it </= 120 hours exactly before arrival? Is it more </= 5 days regardless of time of arrival? Does anyone really know?
If you do, you’ll be my new best friend. Thanks! ( I never knew travel could be so stressful!)
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/12/2021 08:39 PM

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/12/2021 09:12 PM

Currently it's 120 hours prior to your last departing flight to SXM. Not arrival to SXM.
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/12/2021 10:39 PM

United sent me the requirements for my trip via email (negative test <121 hours before final flight leg to SXM). It's been my experience that airlines won't allow passengers to depart if they can't legally arrive. In fact, I need to present my documentation at the ticket window for my initial check-in. So I can't print a boarding document at home. United is covering itself.

So your airline will confirm to you what you now know.

Also, I am honored to be your new best friend.

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/12/2021 10:58 PM

Where did United come up with 121 hours and not 120 which St Maarten requires? 121 hours would put you out of their required window.
Posted By: marge

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/13/2021 12:11 AM

Ah, thereby my confusion!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/13/2021 12:16 AM

He said less than (<) 121 hours. Guessing they're not concerned about minutes and seconds....

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/13/2021 12:25 AM

There ya go.👍
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/13/2021 08:02 AM

when we traveled in december, we understood that the 120 hours window was in regards to when the test was taken (ie. sample taken), and not when the results were received, so we planned our test(s) accordingly...but now it seems to be unclear when the clock starts ticking
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/13/2021 01:19 PM

All my test results (accepted in SXM and STT) just had the date taken and results reported on them.

So plan on the test less than 120 hours (or 121) before your last flight out of the USA and submit what you get . Not really in your control after you are tested

Re: Help! I’m so confused - 02/13/2021 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by IslandBoi
when we traveled in december, we understood that the 120 hours window was in regards to when the test was taken (ie. sample taken), and not when the results were received, so we planned our test(s) accordingly...but now it seems to be unclear when the clock starts ticking

Clock starts of time test is taken.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline