TravelTalkOnline

A wonderful week!

Posted By: beachlovers84

A wonderful week! - 03/01/2021 01:50 AM

I am so happy to have had a great vacation! It was so nice to be on the island without the added cruise ship traffic. All of the residents were so welcoming, they were truly happy to see us!

The process for Covid testing prior to departure was easy. I was able to get an antigen test from the Red Cross near Grand Case. There was no cost and it resulted in 2 hours.

People were very cautious and maintained Covid precautions. Masks were required in all stores and servers wore masks in restaurants.

All of the testing was so worth it, After this year, it was a well deserved vacation!

Enjoy!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: A wonderful week! - 03/01/2021 11:03 AM

Red Cross grand case is where? Did you just walk in? Did you pick up results right there or were they emailed?
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: A wonderful week! - 03/01/2021 12:41 PM

Looking forward to your answer as well. We tried to register for Bio Pole in Hope Estates, but the online form did not give you a place to put in a requested time or date for the test. I found this page that lists the Red Cross, but they want a plane ticket, and proof of stay on the French side- I have that electronically, but not in paper form , do you know if they accept that? https://saintmartinrentals.com/covid/
Posted By: beachlovers84

Re: A wonderful week! - 03/02/2021 01:08 AM

The Red Cross was on the right going towards Orient before the grocery store. Antigen tests were given from 10:30 and 2pm I believe. You must drive in and they come to your car, results are emailed. We only had to show our passports, they didn’t ask us for the address of where we were staying. It is the naso-pharyngeal test so get ready!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline