TravelTalkOnline

Heads Up re JB flight changes

Posted By: pat

Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/01/2021 04:21 AM

As is my habit, I check my future flight plans periodically and today was the day.

Jet Blue has done it again! Check your reservations if you’re traveling in the April time frame.

You can’t imagine my surprise when I discovered my APRIL flights to SXM had changed. And drastically so. My great n/s flight from Newark is now a connecting flight with a considerable lay-over in Fort Lauderdale. And instead of flying on Wednesday we’re now booked on a Thursday flight. And yes, the return flight has also been changed to a Saturday flight as opposed to the Friday flight we so prefer.

And once again, no notification from JB. In fairness, I don’t know when our original flights were cancelled but in my personal experiences with JB, the lack of notification doesn’t surprise me.

And now the hunt begins for new flights that will achieve our objectives in getting there.
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/01/2021 01:27 PM

Where are you leaving from
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/01/2021 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear that, Pat. I wondered if your trip was coming up soon. AA seems to be running almost empty planes, with one person reporting arriving from Miami with only six people on the flight.

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/01/2021 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DICKG
Where are you leaving from

Dick,

At this point our departure point is unknown, thank you, JB, but we were scheduled to depart from Newark n/s to SXM. I should have known since my experiences with JB are NEVER what you would call great. The flight we had booked was a great departure time and I was trying to burn up travel bank dollars and JB points. Oh well - back to the drawing board.

Carol,

I know the AA flight loads have been under-whelming. Going to start all over again. It will all work out in the end, I’m sure.
Posted By: vermontgirl

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/02/2021 01:10 PM

After reading your post, we checked our flights, and low and behold, our flight had been changed from Tuesday to Sunday! Oh well, two more days in paradise.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/02/2021 01:46 PM

All good with ours for May so far by JB.
Fingers crossed.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/02/2021 01:53 PM

Well, Jeez, Louise. When were they planning on telling people this stuff??? Ridiculous.

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/02/2021 02:04 PM

I think they are depending on personal responsibility!

I’ve spoken to a few who did receive notification of time changes but in our case it was the full day changes which made a huge difference.

The good news - the person I spoke with yesterday handled all the cancellation details quickly and completely, and even apologized for the inconvenience along with it taking a week to actually receive the cc refunds. She couldn’t have been any nicer or more willing to help reschedule us if she could.

She also reiterated the statement that in her limited post-pandemic experience, once they eliminate a flight they aren’t too likely to reinstate it any time soon.
Posted By: Darlingnikki

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/15/2021 05:34 AM

So glad you posted this. Since I've seen it, I've been checking my JB res out of JFK every few days, and sure enough, they changed it without notifying me. I move from a 5/10 departure and 5/17 return to 5/11 and 5/18. Not a big deal, but I'm seriously considering booking Delta instead as I'm nervous JB will just completely cancel my flight.

What did you end up booking?

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/15/2021 01:02 PM

We originally had n/s out of NY but I really don’t mind connecting flights IF I can fly from HPN, our regional airport in White Plains, NY - aka Westchester Airport, which is an easy half hour from where we live. We ended up cancelling the JB tickets and booked AA. We were able to book Business/First on AA for reasonable miles and didn’t have to change our dates as JB had done so it all worked out to our satisfaction in the end.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/15/2021 06:31 PM

Sorry Pat. Ironically I was booked JB for a Sunday Feb 28 and they actually called me to tell me that flight was being cancelled because we were the only two people on it. Rep rebooked me on the Saturday Feb 27 flight.
Posted By: Lainer105

Re: Heads Up re JB flight changes - 03/16/2021 01:23 AM

Our JB flight out of Ft Lauderdale on 4/7 went from a seating of 3 and 3 to a 2 and 2 without any notification either. I just happen to go onto the site to check something and noticed that the seating and plane was changed. My concern was we were in row 1 due to my husband vision issue, when I called that row was gone. We are now in row 2 which I will accept, but it awful that there is no notification to anyone when changes are made.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline