TravelTalkOnline

Mama Pizza

Posted By: Biturbo

Mama Pizza - 03/03/2021 05:58 PM

Oyster Pond plans to reopen this Friday, 3/5. with "expanded Italian menu". Good news.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/04/2021 08:36 PM

Great news. Its been a long time coming.
Posted By: chelea

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/05/2021 06:16 AM

Very happy to hear that, we've missed them. We stay at OBBR and don't like to venture too far at night so it's great to have more choice in Oyster Pond.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/05/2021 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Biturbo
Oyster Pond plans to reopen this Friday, 3/5. with "expanded Italian menu". Good news.

Yes we were told that when we were at Porto Cupecoy place. We took our time trying the Porto location because I thought it was just pizza so when in the mood for more it wasn’t considered. Food was the best Italian we have had on island. Hope they add that to the Oyster Pond location.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/05/2021 11:57 PM

Friends went there tonight in Oyster Pond...
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/06/2021 10:30 AM

When I wrote it was the best Italian I’ve had here I must add that I haven’t tried sal e Pepe yet. We’ve had a couple of meals at Spiga, some good, some not so good. Of course the bad one was the evening we brought friends. After bragging how good I was upset more so to have a poor one.

Back in the 80’s we loved Pinocchio’s in Pburg. My favorite was Sebastianos back in the day in Mary’s Fancy area. It was a large house with white columns and we ate on the porch. I had squid ink pasta (black) with pink vodka sauce. Not just delicious but beautiful as well.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/06/2021 02:23 PM

Rosemary--Sebastianos was in Grand Case for a while after that. Taken out by a hurricane. Luis??? Can't remember.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/06/2021 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Sebastianos was in Grand Case for a while after that. Taken out by a hurricane. Luis???

It must have been after Luis, as we dined there in 2006.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/06/2021 05:54 PM

OK, I thought after I posted that, that it was wrong, as we were there after Luis also. Maybe they just closed otherwise? I know they were gone way before Irma.
Posted By: pat

Re: Mama Pizza - 03/06/2021 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon
When I wrote it was the best Italian I’ve had here I must add that I haven’t tried sal e Pepe yet. We’ve had a couple of meals at Spiga, some good, some not so good. Of course the bad one was the evening we brought friends. After bragging how good I was upset more so to have a poor one.

Back in the 80’s we loved Pinocchio’s in Pburg. My favorite was Sebastianos back in the day in Mary’s Fancy area. It was a large house with white columns and we ate on the porch. I had squid ink pasta (black) with pink vodka sauce. Not just delicious but beautiful as well.

We also enjoyed Pinocchios on Front Street but a funny thing about Sebastiano's Restaurant on the main drag in Grand Case. My Sister and BIL came to SXM with us in 1984 and again in 1988 and one of those trips we took them there. To this day my BIL still raves about what an incredible dinner that was and how it was perhaps the best Italian food he's ever had in his life. It breaks my heart to drive by there now and see it today having known what it was once upon a time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline