TravelTalkOnline

Can't wait for Saturday!

Posted By: EdB

Can't wait for Saturday! - 03/10/2021 01:56 AM

Within our 120 hour timeframe for RT PCR test for our trip Saturday AM. Went to MD Now yesterday, and after a short wait, both of us were able to get swabbed and examined. Was told turnaround for results would be 48 to 72 hours. To our surprise, today at around 26 hours, we got our ''non detected" results from the lab. Soon after filled out the EHAS forms, which are a pain in the [censored], downloaded the results to them, and within two hours of sending them in, we both got our pre approvals to enter. Thought it would be more of a headache, but it ended up to be a pretty fast and easy wait. Now the countdown can begin to Saturday!! Have had some health issues the last couple of months, and was very close to cancelling, but now with getting good news from doctors, and two surgeries later, I am more than ready to get away from it all for three weeks, and go back to our second home!!! The EHAS process was a lot let painless than i thought, and my blood pressure is much better now. wink Really surprised that in just a little over 24 hours, was able to get the swab test, get the results, send it in, and get approved!! Anyone else with trips coming up, and have apprehension of the process like i did, don't sweat it. Now, let the fun begin!!! and for the four days, i no longer have to worry bout it. Will report what i see, when i get there.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Can't wait for Saturday! - 03/10/2021 02:11 AM

We found the EHAS forms very easy to deal with, sorry you felt differently. Regardless, glad you decided to take the plunge; trust me; it's worth the effort!!

Re: Can't wait for Saturday! - 03/10/2021 03:42 AM

I first tried to do it on my phone.....and missed a bunch of fields that were required. Then the small print is so small, i forgot about the date goes by the day/month/ year, vs the month/day/ year. When i switched to my laptop, and could ''see'' all the fields, it went much easier. smile This getting older stuff is not for the faint of heart. LOL.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Can't wait for Saturday! - 03/10/2021 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
We found the EHAS forms very easy to deal with, sorry you felt differently. Regardless, glad you decided to take the plunge; trust me; it's worth the effort!!

We had a glitch with that form but called and they helped us.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Can't wait for Saturday! - 03/10/2021 02:11 PM

Ed--Glad the process was overall easier than you anticipated. Enjoy your trip!

Re: Can't wait for Saturday! - 03/10/2021 08:35 PM

Thanks Carol.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Can't wait for Saturday! - 03/11/2021 12:47 AM

Ah yes. I would never have attempted that on my phone! Glad it all worked out in the end!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline