TravelTalkOnline

Current Conditions on SXM.

Posted By: EdB

Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/16/2021 03:36 PM

Just checked the EHAS website, as of this morning there are only !0 ACTIVE cases reported. This number has decreased 50 percent since this time last week. For the large population that live here, 10 cases is less than any other place i know at home!!

On the same note, heard a commercial urging residents of the island to get vaccinated. There is NO charge for vaccines...and they are urging their citizens to get the vaccine because the more people get the vaccine, it will eventually head to ''herd immunity''....and as soon as that opens, the island will open up to more tourists, allowing more tourists to come, spend their money, and help the entire country survive. Very refreshing to hear a ''non political'' commercial urging the citizens to think ahead.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/16/2021 03:57 PM

Is that 10, or zero? (I'm thinking the latter and that was just an excited typo, but the former would be even more excellent of course!) smile
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/16/2021 04:11 PM

Daily Herald today says 10 cases.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/16/2021 04:17 PM

Exactly..10. Super low
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/16/2021 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by EdB
Exactly..10. Super low

Out of how many tested?
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/16/2021 07:29 PM

The 10 are the number of active cases, not the number who were tested or who were positive.

On the vaccine front, SXM is now asking people to get their 2nd vaccine injection, while appealing to those who haven't yet gotten their 1st to do so.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/17/2021 12:50 PM

We felt comfortable, no fears last week there. Lots of people getting vaccines, tests. The island is doing it eight.
Posted By: WWII

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/17/2021 05:24 PM

10 is for the Dutch side isn't it?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Current Conditions on SXM. - 03/18/2021 11:52 AM

WWI yes 10 my eight was supposed to be the word RIGHT. The island is doing it correctly, is what I meant.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline