Posted By: Susieville

Medical Marijuana - 03/20/2021 01:09 PM

Has anyone traveled to SXM with a legal MM card? MM would be in tincture form
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Medical Marijuana - 03/20/2021 07:45 PM

Who needs a card?
Posted By: Susieville

Re: Medical Marijuana - 03/21/2021 12:18 PM

Depends what state you live in. Anyway this is a serious question for medical reasons
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Medical Marijuana - 03/21/2021 12:56 PM

We live in Colorado, so no problem here, BUT when you cross state lines to get to SXM, then, I believe Federal laws prevail.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Medical Marijuana - 03/21/2021 01:20 PM

Yea, I don’t believe that I would be entering, walking around an airport with marijuana, card or no card. Let well boarding a plane and entering a foreign country. Even if you could explain it all away as for medical use only, it would sure slow your travels down quite a bit. My 2cents. You may want to check with SXM government to see if it is even allowed entry into their country. I’m sure it’s on their website somewhere.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Medical Marijuana - 03/21/2021 02:39 PM

If CBD works for you then you should check the French-side pharmacies for the availability of CBD items. I don't think that all French pharmacies carry CBD, but some do.
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: Medical Marijuana - 03/22/2021 02:03 PM

I did a little search and found this place. I know nothing about it but we will probably check it out on our next trip as my wife suffers from constant leg/ankle pain from an old injury and gets a lot of relief from CBD (Florida legal for card holders) oils andcapsules. https://www.facebook.com/caribbean.cbd.sxm/
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Medical Marijuana - 12/24/2021 09:31 PM

As a card holder the issue is that it's not recognized federally or even internationally. It's only good for the state you are in and the states that acknowledge medical cards. So when you travel with cannabis it's a roll of the dice. Have I traveled domestically with it to states that don't recognize the card? Yup. But, it's still a roll of the dice.
Posted By: Sunfun

Re: Medical Marijuana - 12/25/2021 02:52 AM

TSA is federal. It is illegal under federal law even if you are in a state where its legal.. Dont do it.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Medical Marijuana - 12/25/2021 02:55 AM

Do it so we can watch you on the news.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Medical Marijuana - 12/25/2021 01:41 PM

LOL, @bdeeley!!

To the OP, not a good idea. A MM licence usually only has validity in the jurisdiction in which it is issued. As pointed out by others, in the USA it is illegal federally, even though it is legal in some states. The moment you enter an airport or board an aircraft you are subject to federal law.

I don't know what the specific rules are for St. Maarten, but it is illegal to import marijuana and any active derivative products in most countries, even where its use may otherwise be legal. For instance, here in Canada, marijuana use is legal, but regulated. It is still illegal to import it into Canada, and it is also illegal under US federal law to take it back to the USA. Unfortunately, many have found that out the hard way at the border.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline