TravelTalkOnline

Hertz Rental

Posted By: RickandJulie

Hertz Rental - 03/28/2021 08:33 PM

Okay.................just booked our trip for next February through Delta. As we're looking at adding trip insurance (which we did) we saw ( through Delta) where we could rent an economy car from Hertz for $15.84 per day. Seems too good to be true. Does anyone have experience with them? All of the other quotes that we are getting are more than double this amount.

Any input would be appreciated.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/28/2021 08:40 PM

I have always booked direct with Hertz SXM in St Maarten. Be sure and print that price confirmation to present at desk. Seems to good to be true unless that is the daily rate for a week long rental.
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 01:52 AM

not too good to be true...we've gotten rates like that before, form Hertz and other agencies, even when others were charging much more...for this reason we don't automatically go with the same company every time...although we may have a company preference, we still shop around when booking each trip
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 11:41 AM

Sounds about right. We used them for the first time this January and a larger Corolla was $347 for two weeks all inclusive. Van pick up (only us) and short ride to office next to runway. Definitely a decent experience
Posted By: TravelReady

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 11:58 AM

Hello! We got a corolla for the week for $167 via priceline from 4/3-4/10 so I believe it! I hope it's a good experience!
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 12:01 PM

Have always used Hertz in SXM. Never a problem.
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 12:26 PM

I'm in week five now with Hertz. See earlier post on how they handled a problem I had. Great service. Don't forget to ask for your free upgrade.

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 01:20 PM

Thanks for all the input. We've booked!
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 01:51 PM

I would guess that taxes are then added?

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 02:40 PM

As mentioned, our quoted price was all inclusive....final bill was the same as the quote...and includes liability insurance
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 02:51 PM

boucharda--can you point out where it says on the website that liability insurance is included in their quote?

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by doctorj
I would guess that taxes are then added?

No. Everything is included in the quote along with the liability insurance. Use your CC for the collision.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
boucharda--can you point out where it says on the website that liability insurance is included in their quote?

Under the FAQ on their website.

"Q. What is the price of 3rd Party Liability Insurance when I rent from Hertz in St. Maarten?
A. We are happy to offer all of our customers complimentary 3rd party liability insurance."

HERTZ SXM FAQ

I thought from previous discussions on this topic, it was concluded that Liability was required (even on a Dutch side based rental) but some still charge additional for it.

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

Under the FAQ on their website.

"Q. What is the price of 3rd Party Liability Insurance when I rent from Hertz in St. Maarten?
A. We are happy to offer all of our customers complimentary 3rd party liability insurance."

HERTZ SXM FAQ

I thought from previous discussions on this topic, it was concluded that Liability was required (even on a Dutch side based rental) but some still charge additional for it.

Correct. Should be no additional charge. If there is it's a money grab.

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/29/2021 03:35 PM

Thanks for the Hertz FAQ...
Posted By: gracie105

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/31/2021 01:07 PM

Can I ask how much of a hold they put on your credit card? My cousin booked with Hertz one year because of the great price but, they put a $850 hold on his credit card...It took 4 days to get the hold off. We have been using Michael at Unity for years, he never puts a hold on my Credit Card and his prices are very good.

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/31/2021 01:28 PM

To this point, no hold has been put on our credit card.

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/31/2021 01:30 PM

BTW, we love using Michael at Unity but this offer was just too good to pass up.
Posted By: gracie105

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/31/2021 01:44 PM

It sounds perfect...enjoy!

Re: Hertz Rental - 03/31/2021 02:41 PM

They will put a hold at pick up depending on class of rental but comes off when you return the car. Never been a problem for over 20 years for me renting from Hertz. Just a formality.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline