TravelTalkOnline

Question on arrivals

Posted By: beachman1957

Question on arrivals - 04/25/2021 03:49 PM

Will the ground crew allow you to walk to the terminal on arrival or must you wait for a full shuttle bus to take you? Thanks, all!
Posted By: pat

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/25/2021 03:55 PM

We were very close but still had to take a shuttle bus. Most could easily have walked in the time it took to load the bus but it is what it is and could change daily depending on number of planes and arrival timing.
Posted By: beachman1957

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/25/2021 05:55 PM

Thanks, Pat. We’re arriving Jet Blue out of JFK on Saturday, May 8th. We bought even more space seats to be at the front of the plane. Wanted to try to “beat the crowd”. Maybe we’ll ask the ground crew.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/25/2021 06:33 PM

Arrived yesterday on Spirit just about the same time as Air France and they parked us way out towards Maho beach. If you end up there I doubt they’d let you walk. Closer IDK. However even with two planes arriving at about the same time we were out of the terminal in about a half an hour.
Posted By: pat

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/25/2021 08:44 PM

We arrived midweek and we were very conveniently parked close to the terminal within what would have been a short walk but we were asked to board the bus. It wasn’t a big deal and we cleared the airport very quickly but this was a midweek arrival and a light plane load at that. I really don’t recall if there were many other planes but I’m thinking a few.

Welcome to the island......enjoy your stay.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/26/2021 11:42 AM

When we went in December, we were thankfully allowed to walk to the terminal. I HATE HATE HATE those damned shuttle buses. And hate them that much more right now the way they pack people in them.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/26/2021 12:35 PM

We walked a few feet to the terminal.

Hope it’s the same boarding tomorrow.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/26/2021 12:39 PM

I begged them not to make me get on the bus, to no avail.
Posted By: wct49

Re: Question on arrivals - 04/26/2021 09:25 PM

no buses last Monday.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline