TravelTalkOnline

French side stay question

Posted By: Indesign26

French side stay question - 05/04/2021 07:20 PM

I originally posted about rt-pcr vs pcr test. I'm waiting for approval, my partner has been approved with a pcr test. However, just this morning I read that French side stays require test within 72 hours. We did ours Monday for a Friday flight. We are staying with friends, so no hotel to submit results to, but has anyone arrived with a test done outside of the 72 hour window and been admitted on arrival without problem? Thanks
Posted By: boucharda

Re: French side stay question - 05/04/2021 07:39 PM

If you are staying with friends who would check your test date? You have an appropriate timeframe for arrival to SXM....after that....should not be an issue (opinion)

Re: French side stay question - 05/04/2021 07:47 PM

I wondered if it would be questioned on arrival at airport since we were required to list where we were staying, which is on the French side. The pre-approval letter states that it is ultimately up to immigration officials to allow entry.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: French side stay question - 05/04/2021 07:58 PM

We stayed on the french side in a rented villa. Our test was done 5 days in advance. When we arrived at the airport, we did not hide the fact we were staying on the french side. No one cared or commented.
Scott
Posted By: Southbound

Re: French side stay question - 05/04/2021 08:37 PM

Our experience in Feb was the same as Scott's. We stayed at a private villa on French side.
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: French side stay question - 05/05/2021 01:16 AM

Same experience as Southbound. The airport is in the Dutch section, so long as you clear the EHAS and testing required to enter Saint Maarten at the airport, you are free to go anywhere on the island.

Re: French side stay question - 05/05/2021 01:30 AM

Thank you all. I'm feeling much more comfortable going into our pre-vacation mode.
Posted By: moi

Re: French side stay question - 05/05/2021 10:31 AM

We had the PCR 5 days prior and had no problem entering, but when we got to Orient Beach Hotel they required an antigen test because French rules are 72 hrs prior for test. A nurse came to our room to perform it so it was easy, but cost me $90 for us both. We'll repeat the procedure this afternoon to leave on Friday. Travel is so odd these days.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline