TravelTalkOnline

Airfares Winter 2022?

Posted By: the captain

Airfares Winter 2022? - 05/10/2021 01:19 PM

$1370 round trip is cheapest Im seeing. for Presidents week. That sounds a bit high, no? Jetblue from NY. I signed up for googleflightalerts

But is that reasonable or high for this peak time?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Airfares Winter 2022? - 05/10/2021 02:24 PM

We booked Jan 9-23 from BOS through EWR on United down/JFK on Delta return a few weeks ago for $557 r/t total before extra room...now it's $779 so it definitely has gone up but not to $1300+

...and both connect through the New York/NJ area so you would think direct from there would be cheaper....maybe

Edit: hmmm..just checked United from EWR week of 1/15 and Sat to Sat in regular economy (not basic) is $819 R/T....Sunday $733 R/T

........Delta JFK/SXM $734 R/T. Saturday................all non-stop

........JetBlue JFK/SXM $797 R/T Saturday
Posted By: pat

Re: Airfares Winter 2022? - 05/10/2021 02:36 PM

I’ve been watching the November pre-Thanksgiving fares and they are what I would consider to be very high from the tri-state area, too. I guess the airlines are optimistic about the up-coming season.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Airfares Winter 2022? - 05/15/2021 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by pat
I’ve been watching the November pre-Thanksgiving fares and they are what I would consider to be very high from the tri-state area, too. I guess the airlines are optimistic about the up-coming season.

Just watching forth the last week and they are only going higher.... ugh. I may just bite the bullet as opposed to wait..
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Airfares Winter 2022? - 05/15/2021 10:52 AM

The airlines have cut back the number of flights due to the pandemic. With fewer seats available and an increased demand, they can raise the prices and recoup their losses from over the past year. It will probably be a good year to book early. I booked over a month ago for a January vacation - $560 r/t out of Boston with pretty good travel times and connections - of course that's on American, so it will probably all be changed, which, of course, is the downside of booking early. Can' Win! lol.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline