Posted By: Carol_Hill

Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 01:06 PM

Daily Herald story
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 01:36 PM

Great frown
Posted By: bran

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 06:54 PM

Take a risk or not, I suppose it could happen anytime. Had a chance to book, everything was falling into place, flights, villa, testing and then get a phone call last week saying that someone had booked just 5 days for the villa during our two week trip, just that they hadn't updated their calender. I then hear that those people who booked their supposed 5 days with someone else it appears, had it on hold and then cancelled. We had by that time lost the flights and just decided to leave May alone and now when I read this report anyone who is there now or planning to visit can have the Government shut down, with curfews, restaurants, shops etc on immediate notice and spoil peoples plans, more drastic than when the revolts were going on the French side Dec 19 and we just couldn't get around the place as well as normal. But we spend 95% on the French side so will monitor closely the uptick in Virus cases but as you know, leave it to the last minute and cant get flights or the Villa one wants...............Karma talking or just take a chance if something crops up that's suitable? Mind you, its a vacation, worse things to worry about. titanic Just another thing to consider. so look forward though to visiting again, when now is another matter.

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 07:42 PM

Sorry to hear that your plans got cancelled, bran. Hopefully there won't be another lockdown on the French side, although it could happen, for sure.
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 09:29 PM

According to what I have read the French side has roughly 39,000 residents and less than 400 active cases by the math that is an extremely small percentage of the population, I sure hope they don't let fear lead the way and make rash decisions to shut down again. Not to mention vaccines appear to be available to those that want them.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by CaribEagle
According to what I have read the French side has roughly 39,000 residents and less than 400 active cases by the math that is an extremely small percentage of the population, I sure hope they don't let fear lead the way and make rash decisions to shut down again. Not to mention vaccines appear to be available to those that want them.

Its just people are reluctant to get vaccine. Talked to young bartender serving drinks with no mask. Talked about vaccine and he said he was holding out. I just shook my head and gave him a subtle lecture. Not sure if he got the message but we tried.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by CaribEagle

Its just people are reluctant to get vaccine. Talked to young bartender serving drinks with no mask. Talked about vaccine and he said he was holding out. I just shook my head and gave him a subtle lecture. Not sure if he got the message but we tried.

Until or unless it is mandated, people do still have a choice. With the mixed messages that have been sent throughout this, it is no wonder some are skeptical. How is it YOUR place to lecture him or anybody else?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/11/2021 10:44 PM

But what's the big "Beef " of not wanting to take the vaccine ?
We as a Family growing up way back had vaccine where they starched your arm and till today I have the mark lol.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/12/2021 12:00 AM

I agree with JD! I can’t believe that someone lectured anyone from another country, let well a vacation destination that someone enjoys coming to year after year. Totally wrong in my opinion. You can hear and believe the message all you want, just don’t be the postman and try to deliver it, NOT YOUR PLACE!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/12/2021 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by SXMFOX
I agree with JD! I can’t believe that someone lectured anyone from another country, let well a vacation destination that someone enjoys coming to year after year. Totally wrong in my opinion. You can hear and believe the message all you want, just don’t be the postman and try to deliver it, NOT YOUR PLACE!

I guess my choice of using the word "lecture " was the wrong word for "discussion ". At a resort I am invested in I expect the employees to take precautions to protect the patrons who are providing them an income and job. Not too much to ask for considering all we go through to visit their island and provide a means of income.

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/12/2021 12:47 AM

OK, this discussion has nowhere to go but down from here..
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Covid cases rising on French side - 05/12/2021 12:47 AM

If you're that worried get vaccinated.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline