TravelTalkOnline

Covid Testing

Posted By: tnw2007

Covid Testing - 05/24/2021 08:49 PM

Where in the US have you been going for the Covid testing and what is the turnaround time for the results? Thank you!
Posted By: kim

Re: Covid Testing - 05/24/2021 08:50 PM

I see you are in CT. Find a PhysciansOne. Do the antigen. You walk out with the results.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Covid Testing - 05/24/2021 09:20 PM

Thanks for this Kim. I know just the place nearby.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid Testing - 05/24/2021 09:41 PM

Walgreens worked great for us. No charge.
Posted By: LizChelsea

Re: Covid Testing - 05/24/2021 10:03 PM

We went to CVS (in CT). Results were about 27 hours later.
Posted By: kim

Re: Covid Testing - 05/25/2021 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Thanks for this Kim. I know just the place nearby.

Elaine - I use the one in Southbury. But the one in Newtown or Brookfield works as well. And the Antigen is fine, wait 10-15 minutes and you walk out with the results. I gave up on Beayoutiful You! Very flakey!!!!

Re: Covid Testing - 05/25/2021 09:40 AM

Have used the one in Newtown several times over the years. Just up the road from my son's home! They gave me a really nice N95 mask last time we were there. Great for traveling!
Posted By: pat

Re: Covid Testing - 05/25/2021 12:44 PM

Elaine,

We would use the Physicians One in either Newtown or Brookfield as both are very close but last trip they were requiring appointments and thanks to another testing debacle at the lab we originally used we didn’t have enough time to schedule one at that point. Kim called Southbury and they were doing walk-ins. EZ PZ.

Re: Covid Testing - 05/25/2021 12:51 PM

Thanks Pat. May just go back to the place I got it last time if they are still doing it. It was easy.
Posted By: Tracey868

Re: Covid Testing - 05/25/2021 07:41 PM

Question - When you got your report from Walgreens / CVS- Does it have information on how you were administered the test???

I hear they want very specific information on the report. Can anyone advise.

Re: Covid Testing - 05/25/2021 09:04 PM

Everything needed was on the pdf they sent me.
Posted By: Ryan M

Re: Covid Testing - 05/26/2021 02:55 AM

Scubaman, can I ask what the procedure for getting tested at Walgreens was? Did you have to specify the testing was for travel purposes? My family (wife and two kids) and I have a trip planned for July and I am the vacation planner. The only stress I have with the whole trip is the testing aspect. We have a Walgreens here in town (central Iowa) and if I can use them that would be great (both cost wise and convenience). Thanks so much.

Re: Covid Testing - 05/26/2021 10:09 AM

I just answered no to all questions. No mention it was for travel. It was never asked.
Posted By: bonsie

Re: Covid Testing - 05/26/2021 11:34 AM

Tad, Rite-Aid on the post rd. next to mcdonalds. Go to RiteAid.com 1-3 days for results and it's free
Posted By: LizChelsea

Re: Covid Testing - 05/26/2021 12:00 PM

FYI, I filled out the form for CVS and said yes, it was for travel. It didn’t affect my ability to schedule nor it being free. I scheduled ours 119 hours before we were landing, so I had plenty of time in case there was a problem., but there wasn’t.

Tracey868, the report says “SARS-COV-2 RNA, QL RT PCR (COVID 19). Final Result: (Collected date and time). Hello, You have a NEGATIVE COVID 19 result.”
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Covid Testing - 05/26/2021 12:48 PM

Ryan--go online to Walgreen's website and it will tell you which stores do which testing. Around here, some of the stores are only doing antigen, some both types.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline