TravelTalkOnline

French-Side COVID Testing

Posted By: Snorkeller

French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 01:09 PM

Has anyone gotten the COVID test for air travel back to USA at the testing facility next to the McDonalds (and near the Super U) on Rue de Hollande in Marigot? If so, can you tell me what your experience was there?

My understanding is that it is free, but I am wondering if the price reflects anything about the experience.
Posted By: Trinigerl

Re: French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 02:01 PM

We had stopped there to inquire about the test. They recommended us to use Sun Pharmacie or Pharmacie Soualiga in Marigot. We used Pharmacie Soualiga in Marigot…free, no questions about where you’re staying…did take a little over 2 hours, I was the 50th person tested that day…testing starts at 9, we got in line at 9:30, with like 40+ people in front of us . According to sign on door, antigen testing is done Tue & Thur, 9-10:30, Sat 9-11:30

not the most efficient process since just one lady does both the testing and processing of the results…she hands you a form with “negative “ checked, which you then take around the corner into the front entrance of the pharmacy (testing is done at back entrance) where after a few minutes you are then given the official test results document

Sun Pharmacie testing is done 10-11.30 M-F. We did our test on May 29th.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 02:08 PM

Sounds like a PITA to me. I'd sooner just pay, which is what we are doing. We're staying Dutch side anyway, but I'd much rather have an appointment and get in and out.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 06:33 PM

The results from rt-PCR testing at the Red Cross site have a delay of at least 36 hours. The tests are sent to Guadeloupe for processing. I don't know if the Red Cross site also does Antigen testing.

You might be better off going to one of the French pharmacies which do Antigen testing (Sun, Soualiga, Concordia, Bellevue, and Caraibes).

Re: French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 09:17 PM

Thanks for replies. We may just use a dutch-side testing place - at least we can be pretty certain of no language problems.

Re: French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 09:30 PM

If you decide to use a Dutch side place, Medwork seems to get the best reviews, in terms of on time for testing appointments and receipt of results.

Re: French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 09:44 PM

Yeah - I am thinking of using Medwork - the price makes me choke a little, but I do not want any problems.

Re: French-Side COVID Testing - 06/17/2021 11:47 PM

Hey, we had to pay $150 EACH for the test for the way down.....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline